Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: F$%k*ng Itwamba County, MS

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    And books are even more available, but owning a book isn't the same thing as being literate.

The guy teaching chess is from Tennessee. The author of the piece is from Virginia.

Jesus, lighten up.
    That's even worse. They should know better than the write that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    This guy is a top chess coach. From the South.

If I need to discuss the difference between buying a chess set and moving pieces in my house or getting involved in an infrastructure at my school with teachers and opponents I don't know what to tell you.

Especially in one of the poorest parts of the country with all the endemic problems that creates.
    Did you blind dumbasses miss the claim that those gosh darn ignorant Mississippi kids don't know what chess is? The Tennessee Williams like description of just how sheltered and ignorant they are?

About something they can literally go to Walmart and buy?
    Last edited by Fe 26; 27 Mar 2017 at 02:36 PM.

Chess has been around for 1,500 years but until a couple of summers ago the ancient game was still mostly a mystery to the folks of rural Franklin County, Mississippi. Few had ever played chess before, many confused it with checkers. A chess board was as out of place in the county as a skyscraper,*
    Oh lawdy lawdy, I aints seen dat there chess.

Really? As rare as a skyscraper? Things I can get at walmart like twinkles and miller are as rare as skyscrapers?

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    So like Ys 1 and 2?
    Why do you guys find that funny?

5. Ys-y joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I can buy wires at Wal-Mart. Will That make me an electrician?

Dude, I'm the biggest critic of legacy news here. I can still ignore their shit narrative and enjoy the good that teacher is doing. He's providing kids tangible self worth, when they'd likely be ignored. These kids will likely get into college when the statistics were previously against them.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Did you blind dumbasses miss the claim that those gosh darn ignorant Mississippi kids don't know what chess is? The Tennessee Williams like description of just how sheltered and ignorant they are?

About something they can literally go to Walmart and buy?
    So you know about everything at Wal-Mart? You can play every board game they sell? Cool.

I know that anything at walmart isn't rare.

But let's split hairs over to what degree something at walmart is rare and ignore the obvious narrstive of the ignorant unwashed southern masses being saved by the glorious chess.

Would you be ok with this article if southern and hillbilly was replaced with brown and black? If chess has saved the poor inner city kids?