Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: F$%k*ng Itwamba County, MS

1. I saw a skinny girl in Walmart, once. That was kinda rare.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Would you be ok with this article if southern and hillbilly was replaced with brown and black? If chess has saved the poor inner city kids?
    That's literally what he did in Memphis. They talked about it.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I bet it was framed different.

4. Where would the pawns be if all they thought about was how the bishops were talking shit about them rather than trying to get across the board?

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you're from Mississippi and don't know how to play chess. It's like getting kinged in checkers.

Download "chess with friends" and play me, bitch.

7. I heard Josh beat a Gibson once.

8. F$%k*ng Itwamba County, MS

Looks like a lot of those kids are black fam.

And quite frankly I've seen dozens of those articles with black inner city kids. One of the schools here has a championship team IIRC.

I just could see a situation where a kid has never played chess and knows nothing about it.

My comments are directed at the article. Not at children playing chess.

10. I saw that report earlier today and thought it was a nice, heart-warming story. The "high-falutin' Yankee with a Jesus complex" angle never occurred to me. Probably because it's horse shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.