Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: F$%k*ng Itwamba County, MS

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    I don't want to sound insensitive, but you gotta' pick your battles. This kid should have known it would have been much safer with a much better outcome for himself if he left the makeup at home and wore gender-neutral clothes to school. Then on his own time he dresses how he chooses and fights any fight for acceptance and freedom.

Western women don't walk down the street wearing a tank top in the middle east. Dudes don't go to public school dressed as a girl in the South.

It's just common sense. You need a foothold before you can take a stand and make a statement. Public school was just about the worst place possible to try and get that foothold.
    Cheebs pretty much nailed it. And comparing it to race is just knee jerk bullshit. It's too bad he didn't have the balls to stick with being right.

It's not anyone's God given right to be disruptive in order to express himself. It's the same reason girls can't wear bikinis to school. Maybe if kids spent more time learning and less time making statements in school, we wouldn't have so many worthless adults with their hand out.

If we want to do away with gender recognition all together, then great. Kill affirmative action, all these bullshit NCAA programs that take profitable men's sports and give half the money to the women, and anything else that differentiates based on gender. Until that happens, what's in your pants matters, so suck it up, butter cup.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 29 Mar 2010 at 08:17 PM.

2. This affirms my belief that schools should provide/require basic shorts and short sleeve t-shirt type uniforms. Every one wears the same shit. Perhaps allow makeup/jewelery/hair styles to help "define" the kids but damn, this would have cut the bullshit. Maybe find some kind of skort bullshit the kids can wear so we don't have gender complaints.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It's the same reason girls can't wear bikinis to school.
    Yes, it is EXACTLY like that. Thanks for your input.

From the school's perspective, it is. Their job isn't to put up with bullshit that distracts the students from learning.

They should probably start with themselves then.

6. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    Do what you want with your money, but there's absolutely no excuse for the ignorance and insensitivity on display here. Not for someone who's been on this board for two years and has vet access. If there's ever been a comment worthy of the "ban pls" response...
    LOL get real

It's not even like I support TNL's general tastelessness, but this barely registers on the scale of what gets said around here.

If he wants to stand up for a cause or make a difference, proceed with legal action and make a fuss. Asking strangers for money is just poor form...everyone has problems and his were at least easily avoidable.

Remember when they turned hoses on black people, and then sent police dogs after them?

Man, if they would have just avoided that by staying at the house.

Are you really thick enough to think that comparison is even sort of reasonable? It's this fucking attention whore's choice how to dress. It's not his skin color or even his orientation. At the end of the day, he's just another useless piece of shit looking for a handout.

9. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Do what you want with your money, but there's absolutely no excuse for the ignorance and insensitivity on display here. Not for someone who's been on this board for two years and has vet access. If there's ever been a comment worthy of the "ban pls" response...
    This thread was created with the (at least apparent) intent of doing two things:

1. Informing us of a fucked-up decision made by a school board in a backwards-ass state.

2. Soliciting funds in order to assist the person at the center of the controversy.

While I do feel bad that the person is going through this ordeal, he knew where he lived and how people think there. This couldn't have come as a surprise, and as such my sympathy can only go so far as it would for a kid who intentionally kicks a hornets nest--I'm sorry you got stung, but you knew what was gonna happen.

I would rather assist those who have tragedies befall them outside their own discretion. Rape victims, starving kids... shit like that. If that makes me insensitive or ignorant in your eyes, I'll live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Are you really thick enough to think that comparison is even sort of reasonable?
    Are you thick enough to not see a comparison?

It's this fucking attention whore's choice how to dress.
    Man, you really have this whole thing figured out.

It's not his skin color or even his orientation. At the end of the day, he's just another useless piece of shit looking for a handout.
    You're a real piece of work.