Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: F$%k*ng Itwamba County, MS

Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    While I do feel bad that the person is going through this ordeal, he knew where he lived and how people think there. This couldn't have come as a surprise, and as such my sympathy can only go so far as it would for a kid who intentionally kicks a hornets nest--I'm sorry you got stung, but you knew what was gonna happen.
    This is shit and anyone with half a brain knows it is shit.

"he should have known better" is bullshit. None of us should go through life appeasing the fears and stupidity of others. You can't apologize for the stupid by saying everyone else should have known they were stupid.

At some point we have to say, "hey stupid, stop being fucking stupid. No one is going to put up with you being an asshole to everyone."

You guys have to be baiting and trolling. I can't believe any of you are really stupid enough to give apologetics for stupid fucking rednecks.

Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    I would rather assist those who have tragedies befall them outside their own discretion. Rape victims, starving kids... shit like that. If that makes me insensitive or ignorant in your eyes, I'll live with it.
    Why not do both? Can't spare a dollar?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Why not do both? Can't spare a dollar?
    It's just not a worthy enough cause in my eyes. Sorry, but that's how I feel. Best wishes to the gentleman in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

It isn't worth a buck?

All the clamoring in this thread about how the family should have known better. And "now they know better" and are going to leave, and you can't spare a buck?

You guys would have been better off ignoring the thread like the other 80% of assholes on this board who don't really care about others. At least they didn't verify that they are cheap stupid assholes.

4. Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Uriel; 29 Mar 2010 at 10:15 PM.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

5. Why the fuck would I give these people my money?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I'm not the sharpest stick in the pile, but if I'm reading the artical right, it would go to help the mother and daughter move to a better area.

and at this point you say "well where is their own money?"

The mother hasn't been able to get a job the whole time they have lived in Fulton, so no mo money.

But I could be wrong. I guess the money could be going to a huge MS TG party where they laugh at everyone who donates money.

EITHER OR. COULD GO EITHER WAY, REALLY.

7. How much money have you given Fe 26?

8. I've never understood the "hasn't been able to get a job" argument. McDonalds is always fucking hiring, same with restaurants and such. If may not be a job you want to do, but you can always find a job if you need one.

Also, maybe they shouldn't have moved there in the first place?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I've never understood the "hasn't been able to get a job" argument. McDonalds is always fucking hiring, same with restaurants and such. If may not be a job you want to do, but you can always find a job if you need one.
    You/ve never lived in MS. It can take months of constant looking to get a job. And that is if people actually consider you for the job. If the person hiring doesn't like you, then you are SOL.

And no, McDonalds is not always hiring.

Fulton has maybe 4 or 5 chain restaurants. It isn't a big city.

It can take a year for a college graduate to get a job. Not a great job, not a job for what they went to school for. It can take a year to get a factory or fast food job.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Also, maybe they shouldn't have moved there in the first place?
    Serve's em right I guess? Fuck you.

10. I just don't know why I'm supposed to feel bad for them. Yeah, it sucks and it's bullshit what the school did. Yeah, I have a problem with that. But rather than fight against it and try to attack the problem, they're turning tail and running away from it. That isn't how things get changed.