Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: F$%k*ng Itwamba County, MS

Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa View Post
    How much money have you given Fe 26?
    4 gallons of gas. I might give more later. I put some shit on craig's list.

I was thinking of contacting the editor and asking if they need help loading any furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I just don't know why I'm supposed to feel bad for them. Yeah, it sucks and it's bullshit what the school did. Yeah, I have a problem with that. But rather than fight against it and try to attack the problem, they're turning tail and running away from it. That isn't how things get changed.
    Why do you have to agree with their stance to help a kid?

Have Americans become so divided that we won't help someone do what THEY want, if it doesn't match our own opinions?

As for your opinion, have you considered that maybe the kid will be better off if they just move? We are not talking about grown able body adults fighting for their rights. We are talking about a single mother and a skinny kid. If they stay and "fight the good fight" the kid may end up dead in a ditch.

This isn't even touching on the fact that the mother may never get a local job. That town has 3 or 4 churches and everyone knows everyone. There is a good chance she is permanently black listed from work.

You may think I'm crazy, but that is really how the South is. You really can be kept from work, persecuted and ran out of town. I've seen towns run people out thinking they were witches.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 29 Mar 2010 at 11:50 PM.

3. Well shit, maybe we should just nuke the south and be done with it then.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Don't be a Yoshi.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Why do you have to agree with their stance to help a kid?

Have Americans become so divided that we won't help someone do what THEY want, if it doesn't match our own opinions?
    Because I don't see it as helping a kid by teaching him to run away and not stand up for his rights.

As for the divided comment. People are free to do what they like, that doesn't mean I have ever or will ever help them do it. They can earn their own way.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Because I don't see it as helping a kid by teaching him to run away and not stand up for his rights.
    Whole family. Dead in a ditch.

They can earn their own way.
    Alright, Yoshi 2

7. I lived in Biloxi for nine months. It's no harder to find jobs there than in most parts of the country. In fact, the construction industry down there is fucking booming. It's not glamorous work, but it's work.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

That is Biloxi. It is a bustling metropolis of the South. Southern people drive hours to go to Biloxi to live the high life.

Biloxi is an exception.

9. That is true. But there's no law against moving. Hell, if they're really hard up for work, they can move to New Orleans. Companies are paying people hand over fist just to relocate there. Because, well, it's New Orleans. I'm just saying that there are options, and they don't require going too far away.

Also, New Orleans is very open-minded when it comes to alternative lifestyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. Biloxi is a shithole