Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: F$%k*ng Itwamba County, MS

Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    That is true. But there's no law against moving. Hell, if they're really hard up for work, they can move to New Orleans. Companies are paying people hand over fist just to relocate there. Because, well, it's New Orleans. I'm just saying that there are options, and they don't require going too far away.

Also, New Orleans is very open-minded when it comes to alternative lifestyles.
    asdflkjkljkjasdflkjasdffkljkasdfflkjkasdff!!!!!

THEY ARE MOVING! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!????!!!

Only two hours away from fucking Biloxi!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=pensac...N&hl=en&tab=wl

2. If it were a girl in Riyadh that wanted to be and dress like a boy, would we support changing Saudi culture to support the girl?

In a fundamental sense of democracy, I think we should let the Mississippians, continue their narrow sighted culture and let the outcasts move on. The blacks, who were once a majority, saw nothing good in the State and decided to leave. No sense changing the minds of those stubborn enough to stay behind, I say.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    If it were a girl in Riyadh that wanted to be and dress like a boy, would we support changing Saudi culture to support the girl?
    People actually argue for this all the time. In the very least, just about every church in the country funds people going around the world trying to change the way people act.

Then there is the whole spreading of democracy our government pretends to do.

Oh, and this isn't fucking Riyadh. This is the United Fucking States.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    In a fundamental sense of democracy, I think we should let the Mississippians, continue their narrow sighted culture and let the outcasts move on. The blacks, who were once a majority, saw nothing good in the State and decided to leave. No sense changing the minds of those stubborn enough to stay behind, I say.
    ...the state is 48% black. Within the next generation, it will be the majority.

So you advocate slavery, no woman's rights, no interracial marriage, no seperation of church and state, no etc, etc?

4. I don't live there, so I don't give a fuck what they do as long as it doesn't spread across my border (e.g. environment, interstate drug trade) and those oppressed can and have a means to leave (so I support helping this girl leave).

The more I age, the more I believe in survival of the fittest, and if a battered wife is too stupid to leave, she need to die before she spreads that gene. And as far as the husband, I do not condone his actions, but if he breaks the law he should be punished, and if it is in the town I live in, there should be a law to punish him, but if not... then that is their life and they are free to live it, I just won't cross foot into their territory or do business with them.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I advocate quarantining (?) Mumbojumbo County, MS from the rest of the US

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Have Americans become so divided that we won't help someone do what THEY want, if it doesn't match our own opinions?
    This isn't even an "Americans are divided" thing. It's a "being reasonable" thing. It's reasonable to want to help people who are in situations that are congruent with your notion of what is deserving. People do whatever they want and I'm not going to say otherwise. But if they want help for something, I have to agree with it. I'm not going to help a drug abuser feed his addiction just because that's what he wants and is asking for it.

7. That's basically all I've been saying. It's good that they're moving, but it's also on them. When I've wanted to move from Point A to Point B of my own discretion, I never expected that the move be subsidized based on my moral objections to what goes on at Point A. I just fucking moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. I'm not going to get into this clusterfuck of an argument (partially because there should be no doubt whose side I'm on), but this...

Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa View Post
    IMO if the dude(?) says he "prefers male pronouns" but also says he really needs to dress like a girl then there's monkey business afoot.
    ...is BS. Taking the steps you need to take to figure yourself out (or continue down a process that is now in motion) and the point at which you feel like it's okay for you to ask others to start using a different set of pronouns for you are completely separate things. There's no "monkey business" to take from his position.

There's also the possibility that for him, it may not be as simple as "I'm a boy who wants to be a girl". For some, the confusion of who they really feel they are runs much deeper.
    Last edited by mollipen; 30 Mar 2010 at 03:45 AM.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    This thread was created with the (at least apparent) intent of doing two things:

1. Informing us of a fucked-up decision made by a school board in a backwards-ass state.

2. Soliciting funds in order to assist the person at the center of the controversy.

While I do feel bad that the person is going through this ordeal, he knew where he lived and how people think there. This couldn't have come as a surprise, and as such my sympathy can only go so far as it would for a kid who intentionally kicks a hornets nest--I'm sorry you got stung, but you knew what was gonna happen.

I would rather assist those who have tragedies befall them outside their own discretion. Rape victims, starving kids... shit like that. If that makes me insensitive or ignorant in your eyes, I'll live with it.
    All well and good. Like I said, do what you want with your money, that's not what I'm taking issue with.
    I can think of about a hundred causes more worthy of my hard-earned cash than "WAAH I wanna eat pussy in Mississippi!" Sorry.
    Or suck dick, or whatever the hell he wants to do. Starving orphans take priority.
    That is. That's not what being transgendered is about, and you shouldn't need that pointed out to you at this late date.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    That is. That's not what being transgendered is about, and you shouldn't need that pointed out to you at this late date.
    I was fucking around. Relax.

I was also three sheets to the wind last night, but yes, my sober mind knows the difference. My overall opinion of the situation remains the same, but if that was your big concern, you can rest easily.
    Last edited by Andrew; 30 Mar 2010 at 04:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.