Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819 LastLast

Thread: F$%k*ng Itwamba County, MS

1. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    60 minutes writes in that "aw, shucks" folksy way about pretty much everything.

I'd like to know more about the secret wealthy benefactor going around signing chess teachers to ten year contracts.
    It's Dammit Bobby Fisher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    60 minutes writes in that "aw, shucks" folksy way about pretty much everything.

I'd like to know more about the secret wealthy benefactor going around signing chess teachers to ten-year contracts.
    As shitty as they make the town sound, it probably took like 100 bucks and a sack of chewing tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    stuff
    Poor Andrew, not very good at discerning arguments. Doc posted an article in reference to a 60 minutes episode. All of my attacks have been about the tone of the episode/write up. I have not mentioned the chess teacher or students 1 single time. I even quoted the entire article and put things in bold. Almost everything in bold was the interviewer.

How hard is this Andrew?

4. That kind of condescension probably plays well with judgy old soft-heads. That's their demographic.

5. The first part of the article cheeks posted was clearly plagarized from The Music Man.

6. According to IP logic: you can buy My Little Pony toys at any Walmart in the country. It therefore follows that every obscure southern town with <100 students per high school graduating class is swarming with bronies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

No, that has nothing to do with what I'm commenting on.

The article reads like these kids have no idea what chess is specifically because of where they are from. But they can go to the nearest walmart and buy it.

A truer statement is that American kids as a whole don't care enough about chess to buy and learn it on their own. Kids are picking up fewer skilled hobbies.

8. They can probably buy colostomy bags there as well.

Yes, but chess is sold in the boardgames area in the toys. They probably don't go to the elderly care shelf much. Though plenty of them probably know where those are by high school.

10. who under 20 goes to the board gsme section?