Thread: Battlemage Artwork

1. Battlemage Artwork

Here's an original for a project we're working on. It's the same category as those sketches like NIMBA, GULBRANDT and RAMMOTH.

http://www.art-community.com/member/Twin/Battlemage.jpg

2. HOLY SH...!!!!
    This is great!!eek:
    Really like the art and colors!!
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

3. Indeed! Sweet pic man, the composition and colors truly bring it to life, looks like an authentic game advertisement or something. I love it.

4. Incredible, professional, and just too spiffy. All I want to know is how you got the textures on the armor (especially the shoulder pads) to look that way. It's so real, and yet, doesn't look like some premade texture slapped in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. The pattern came with Photoshop 7. I just filled a new layer above the original color layer with this pattern and DESATURATED it with IMAGE - ADJUST - DESATURATE. Then I changed the BLENDING MODE into OVERLAY and voilá. Also downed the OPACITY a bit to make it a bit softer.

6. Wow, great pic. Like everyone else has said, awesome texturing, in the "metal" parts, and in the cloth too. It really makes a difference. I also like the effect used to make his beard; I'm guessing, the smudge tool? The lighting is great too, and makes him fit with the background instead of just seeming like a drawn figure slapped in front of a generated b/g. Overall, very impressive.

My only critique would be that his anatomy's a little weird. I'm trying to picture his posture and stance without any of the armor on, and I can't quite do it. His left arm especially seems off. But that's just nitpicking. Good job!