Page 1 of 121 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MLB 2010 Regular Season Thread

1. Official MLB 2010 Regular Season Thread

Less then 24 hours now, the time is right for the regular season thread.

Phils and Yanks back in the series.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

2. too early, this thread is fail

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Phils and Yanks back in the series.
    That fucking meteor better come through this time.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That fucking meteor better come through this time.
    As long as Jeter and Halladay aren't anywhere near the stadium.

5. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    too early, this thread is fail
    I was this close to starting this thread last night.

I need something to wash the burning out of my eyes of Duke snoozing into the National Championship.

7. Predictions?

AL East: Tampa Bay (I'm hoping)
    AL Central: Twinkies
    AL West: I would have said Mariners before, but I think this might be Texas's year, if they get their act together
    Wild Card: New York

NL East: Phillies, of course!
    NL Central: Who cares? Seriously, I have no idea.
    NL West: This is tough. You have three excellent teams in this division, but I'm going to make the bold choice and say the Rockies
    Wild Card: ... Dodgers?

World Series: Phillies vs. TBA

Home town prediction: Jays: 76 wins. However, I won't be surprised with a dead-last finish.

Random thoughts:

-Will my Braves get back to their winning ways this year?
    -It should be illegal for cities colder than Toronto to not have a retractable roof.
    -Man-Ram is spiraling further and further into irrelevance.
    -Will baseball forgive Mark McGuire? Does anyone care?
    -When a player signs a big(ish) contract, is it normal for his teammates to be at the press conference cheering for and hugging him? If not, why were Wells, Romero, and Marcum at the Lind contract announcement?
    -This is a new decade, and, I guess, a new era. Who will dominate the 10s?

Also: This man:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roy-halladay-phillies-file-tight-ad4063eac4cccf04_large.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	53747  
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 04 Apr 2010 at 05:13 PM.

8. Mets - 80-82 this year and that is being generous. My 90% CI would be.... (75,85).

9. The Mets rotation after Johan is not very good at all and Jerry "The Lame Duck Gangsta" Manuel already fooled around with it by putting John Maine as #2, Jon Niese #3 and then Pelfrey and that stupid fool Ollie Perez. The bullpen outside of K-Rod and Pedro Feliciano is terrible. How the fuck did Sean Green make the pen? He is atrocious.

No Reyes until the weekend and no Beltran until mid-May at the very least makes the lineup weaker. On top of that, stupid Jerry placed Mike Jacobs as the cleanup hitter (LOL) and that piece of shit Gary Matthews Jr will start in center tomorrow.

<sigh>

Prediction for the Mets = 4th place, 79 - 83.

I think I'm being pretty fair about it. A ton of things have to go right for the Mets to contend. I hope they do well but expectations for this $130 million team is low.

Its not all lost however as I really liked many of the young prospects during spring training like Ike Davis, Ruben Tejada, Jennry Mejia, Chris Carter..etc. Fernando Martinez had a great spring and should be playing as well. Fucking Omar Minaya better not trade them or I'll hulk up.

10. Lots of parity this year, which means there will be some amazing division races.

AL East - Yankees (best starting pitching + Granderson = win)
    AL Central - White Sox (Twins a couple games back; losing Nathan will cost them)
    AL West - Mariners (neither Texas nor the Angels have an ace while Seattle has two)
    Wild Card - Red Sox (Rays can't match Boston's pitching)

Yankees' pitching is too good (Vazquez is the best #4 starter in the AL), the White Sox have deep pitching and a good offense (Quentin gets back to MVP candidate & I predict a good year from Andruw Jones), and Seattle's my homer pick. Boston squeaks by the Rays and Angels over the last weekend for the wild card.

Optimism Time! Milton Bradley and Junior each hit 20+ HRs for the M's, and Ichiro & Figgins each steal 35 bases. Jack Wilson sets the all-time Web Gems record. Felix wins 20 and Lee gets 17, and Seattle takes the tightly contested division with 88 wins.

NL East - Phillies (Braves 2nd, Florida 3rd)
    NL Central - Brewers
    NL West - Rockies (the most balanced team in the division)
    Wild Card - Giants (Dodgers finish behind the Dbacks)

Still can't bet against Philly in the East. The Brewers will win because the Cards will deal with injuries and the Cubs are the Cubs. I also predict the Brewers bring back Ben Sheets via trade, which puts them over the top. The Rockies just edge the Giants in the NL West. Arizona and the Braves are in the WC race until the final week.

Series: Yanks over Rockies in seven fabulous games.

MVPs - Tulo & Texeira
    Cy - Lester & Halladay
    RoY - Michael Heyward (ATL) & Austin Jackson (DET)

Lots to look forward to this season! Every team has something to be excited about.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010