Page 1 of 73 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: WikiLeaks - Official Thread

WikiLeaks - Official Thread

I don't know if anybody's been paying attention to this store for the past couple of weeks, but the video was finally released:

I didn't think the video was as bad and telling as the hype leading up to, but it gets pretty bad at 10:00

I do think this is leading to some retard sensationalism from self hating Americans across the internet, though.
    Last edited by Rich; 05 Apr 2010 at 01:20 PM.

TLDW. what's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    TLDW. what's the big deal?
    Video of Apaches shooting up what is seemingly civilians and journalists, claiming the cameras are weapons. Laughing and looking for reasons to shoot, see one guy crawling away injured and begging for him to pick up a weapon so they can shoot.

Van then shows up to get the wounded, start putting the wounded in the van, and then the heli opens up on the van which has 2 children inside. (although impossible to know from their pilots POV)

Apparently when wikileaks announced it would release this video, it was being stalked by US intelligence and threatened to the point where they even had to set up a dead man's switch.

4. One side in this war shoots people half a mile away from a chain gun in the fucking sky, or an unmanned drone from a laptop a few hundred miles away - the other side buries bombs in the sand hoping to get lucky and hit a Humvee full of Americans.

Whatever happened to fighting like men instead of sissy cowards? War is for pussies nowaday

5. Isn't this pretty much standard behaviour for all well-funded armies?
    Sure, it's murder, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

6. Did you watch the video?

Them opening fire on first group of people isn't really shocking, one or two of them did have an AK-47.

But opening fire on the van is heinous. They should be tried for war crimes for that shit

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Did you watch the video?

Them opening fire on first group of people isn't really shocking, one or two of them did have an AK-47.

But opening fire on the van is heinous. They should be tried for war crimes for that shit
    yeah, for the first 10 minutes i was like wtf? why was this such a big deal?

Then the van showed up.

8. Glenn Greenwald has a run-down on this (or another?) incident which gives it some context: http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...tan/index.html

His thesis is that once again, the media uncritically reported the Pentagon's version of events, even though they were false, and doubts about them were out there.

The question is, how much play is this getting in the media right now? I'd like to think 30 or 40 years ago, it would be the big news of every hour. This shit is being done in our name. But when I walked past the TVs at work, set to Fox News, it was Neil Cavuto talking about the Census. I highly doubt it's different on other stations.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 05 Apr 2010 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Glenn Greenwald has a run-down on this (or another?) incident which gives it some context: http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...tan/index.html

His thesis is that once again, the media uncritically reported the Pentagon's version of events, even though they were false, and doubts about them were out there.

The question is, how much play is this getting in the media right now? I'd like to think 30 or 40 years ago, it would be the big news of every hour. This shit is being done in our name. But when I walked past the TVs at work, set to Fox News, it was Neil Cavuto talking about the Census. I highly doubt it's different on other stations.
    Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NVih0.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	313.1 KB 
ID:	53759  
    Last edited by arjue; 05 Apr 2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Attached image.

10. That is so pathetic. CNN's reporting of current events is astounding.