Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: George Lucas' money-grubbing knows no bounds

1. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    I guess this is the thing

Lucas is the one who schlocks.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

looks like an excuse for yet more star wars merch

3. More than likely, yea.

I feel bad for people who collect characters. GL just shits all over them.

And god help you if you wanted to be a star wars completionest.

Maybe George is trying to teach us something very deep and meaningful about consumer culture. Maybe he is trying to break all of us of trying to own everything. Like chewbacca, there will always be something else we can buy. There will always be a new chewbacca. True happiness comes from learning to control our desires and controlling our need to own all the chewbaccas. For if these feelings are pursued, we will always be hungry. Our hunger for chewbacca never fully sated.

Or maybe he is trying to teach us the age old lesson of "the only thing we can change is ourselves." None of us can make him stop putting out garbage. But we can make ourselves stop watching it.

He is truly a saint that seeks to teach each of us how to live better. To not be burdened by earthly desires. To control and choose our own destinies. To not take any star wars fiction that comes our way, but to think and choose the star wars fiction that is best for us!

I'm out of my mind. I'm going to bed

5. Lucas you BASTARD.

I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

6. Fuck thats great

7. Fan-made.