Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 3: Official Thread

1. It saddens me that videogames seem to be incorporating designs that were much too heinous for even the 90's era superhero comic book.

2. LOL@ Enemy internet connection.

I'm going to be the first one to shoot netwurked's balls off.

Day -2.

3. You'll probably still sign off regularly without saying shit like you do now.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    You'll probably still sign off regularly without saying shit like you do now.
    lol, he did it the other night on BC2.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    4 player co-op .

From an apparent interview with Rod Fergusson:

Features

Rod confirmed 4 Player Co-Op in the Gears IRC, with 4 unique characters. Rod confirmed that co-op includes Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird and a "variety of other characters"
    Story

Set 18 months after Gears of War 2, and after the fourth Gears of War book
    The location shown in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer is a location nicknamed 'Char', where the remains of victims from the Hammer of Dawn strikes are heavily present.
    Weapons

The Pendulum Lancer is in Gears of War 3
    A Double Barrelled Shotgun was spotted in the Ashes to Ashes trailer. Lee Perry expands:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee Perry
    FWIW, that weapon didn't exist until several hundred pages of the shotgun mechanic thread. That doesn't really give much away, considering the VAST amount of conflicting opinions in that thread; but the opinions in that thread definitely helped shape the weapon.

Haha, I wonder if we could have made a trailer with basically a slow camera pan down a new shotgun and had about the same amount of interest from existing players, hahha.

Characters

Dom is now heavily bearded. According to Rod, this is due to his problems dealing with the loss of his wife.
    Anya is the female COG soldier seen in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer. We will learn more on her transition from pencil pusher to soldier throughout the books.
    Enemies

Lambent Locust: These enemies mutate and transform as you fight them.

6. I don't give a shit about co-op. I just want awesome singleplayer like GOW1 insane. Best action game of the generation to date.

7. 4 player co-op was number 1 on my wishlist. yay. The multiplayer can go to hell. Even with a good netcode it would still be shit. Im glad the series is over - now they can get back to making the real follow up of UT2k4.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    There is next to no reason own a 360 other than this series and Cave.
    Probably the dumbest thing youve ever posted - and thats saying alot.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

8. What would your reasons for having a 360 be? Just curious.

9. Seriously. If it wasn't for Gears I would've gotten a PS3 for movies.

Gears 2 had a great campaign but it was filled with too much cutesy bullshit. At least there were more enemies to fight. However nothing in Gears 2 tops the firefight in the mansion from the first.

If this indeed does have 4 player co-op I'll day one it.

10. Live and the amount of people on it and personally the amount of people I KNOW on it. There is no contest. I probably wouldnt even be playing on a console if not for Live.

Games are down to personal preferance but narrowing 360 down to gears and cave is just retarded. Any online game you list goes to 360 by default. No argument.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series