Thread: Gears of War 3: Official Thread

1. Gears of War 3: Official Thread

Trailer:

Release Announcement from CliffyB:

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon....shes-to-ashes/

And from Gears Official Site

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Templates...y.aspx?id=1852

BROTHERS TO THE END—GEARS OF WAR 3 COMING APRIL 2011
    Jacinto, the last human city, has been destroyed. The Locust Horde has pushed the Stranded remnants of humanity towards the brink of extinction. And a fearsome new enemy has risen, threatening to destroy them both. The story of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad comes to an explosive conclusion in Gears of War 3, arriving exclusively on Xbox 360 in April 2011. Watch the trailer here on gearsofwar.com, or download it from our media page or on your Xbox 360 via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Check the official announcement below for more details. And get ready—it’s gonna be one hell of a finale.

Gears of War 3 Ignites Anticipation as the Biggest Blockbuster Game of 2011
    Explosive finale to the landmark Gears of War trilogy available exclusively on Xbox 360 in April 2011
    The spectacular conclusion to one of the games industry’s most memorable and celebrated sagas, Gears of War 3, is poised to take the world by storm next spring. At this time next year, fans around the world will experience the epic story finale to the Gears of War trilogy, when the third installment in one of the biggest franchises in Xbox history arrives in stores worldwide: April 5, 2011, in North America, April 7 in Japan, and April 8 in Europe and the rest of the world.

“When we released Gears of War more than five years ago, we set out to tell the world an unforgettable story of bravery and sacrifice in the face of insurmountable odds, and a year from now, players will get the chance to experience the final chapter in the story of Marcus Fenix and his companions in Delta Squad,” said Cliff Bleszinski, Design Director at Epic Games. “This is definitely the biggest and most dramatic chapter yet in the Gears of War saga, and we can’t wait to deliver it.”

Developed by acclaimed studio Epic Games and available only on Xbox 360, Gears of War 3 plunges players into a harrowing tale of hope, survival, and brotherhood that will conclude the current story arc for Gears of War. With the last human city destroyed and the remaining survivors stranded, time is running out for Marcus and his comrades as they fight to save the human race from the jaws of extinction.

Gears of War is a blockbuster entertainment franchise that has inspired a full line of toys and collectibles, apparel, an upcoming film, graphic novels, and a book series by New York Times best-selling author Karen Traviss. The award-winning video games have sold more than 12 million units worldwide on Xbox 360, and due to their riveting multiplayer action are some of the most popular games ever played on Xbox LIVE.

To accompany today’s announcement, Microsoft and Epic Games unveiled “Ashes to Ashes,” the first trailer for Gears of War 3. Created in Unreal Engine 3 by the same team behind the iconic Gears of War video spots (“Mad World,” “Rendezvous,” and “Last Day”), the video captures a desperate three-way battle between Delta Squad, the Locust Horde, and the fearsome new Lambent.

Additionally, fans who want to share their excitement on Xbox LIVE will be able to choose from new Avatar items, available on Avatar Marketplace starting April 20, including the new COG armor introduced in Gears of War 3.

Release Date Confirmed:

Gears of War 3 Now Has Actual Worldwide Release Dates

When asked on variety program Late Night with Jimmy Fallon when Gears of War 3 would be released, designer Cliff Bleszinski replied, "probably April 8". Microsoft is giving another date for North America, however.

According to an official release, Microsoft states that Gears of War 3 will be out on "April 5, 2011 in North America and Asia, April 7 in Japan, and April 8 in Europe and the rest of the world."

Previously, it was thought that Gears of War 3 would be released in North America on April 8 or April 11 next year.

As with most Xbox 360 titles, Gears of War 3 will get Avatar items that will be available starting April 20, 2010

Screens:

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gears2.jpg 
Views:	1130 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	53888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gears1.jpg 
Views:	1176 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	53889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gears3_02.jpg 
Views:	1111 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	53890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gears4.jpg 
Views:	1107 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	53891  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500x_boxartnotfinal.jpg 
Views:	1217 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	53892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500x_avataritems.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	53893  
    Last edited by D_N_G; 13 Apr 2010 at 10:44 AM.

2. I'm kinda excited. I'm staying reserved until I find out if they will tackle the netcode challenge. If not, I'll rent it.

3. What, no screens of the new chick? 4 player co-op and playable netcode please! If mp is the same old game, I really don't know if it will be able to hold my attention for that long.

4. I'll rent, check out netcode, pass judgement then.

So sry cliffbrozenski, you have fucked up twice now.

5. Seriously. It's a shame, too. Gears 2 had a fantastic multiplayer game if you take out the horrible lag you face online. I don't think it'll matter much, though. If Halo Reach can't keep me entertained I may just opt for SC2 as my sole multiplayer game.

6. Double Barrel Shotgun!!!

7. aim right!

8. Stop being such whiny bitches, you will all day 1 this shit

9. I don't think a few will. I'll rent it just to spite you.

I'm not going to front. I'm preordering this the second Amazon offers it.

There is next to no reason own a 360 other than this series and Cave.