Page 11 of 403 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

1. We were kids. You were what? 30? Anyway, what are you doing indoors? Isn't it outdoor exercise time at the old man ranch?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Amen for Capcom sticking with 2D. The article says "the graphics will be seriously upgraded, running at a full 720P." I assume they're re-drawing the original sprites, then?
    Yes. New high res sprites. Penciled by Don Bluth and colored by Boris Vallejo. All 900,000 frames.

It would be foolish to set your hopes any lower. Because there is certainly enough money in 2D fighting games to support such a thing. Hell, if they cheaped out and went with 3D characters there would be such a budget surplus that all of the cocaine and hookers in the world couldn't save the development team from quite literally drowning to death in $100 bills.

Dev teams hate dying. It will be high res hand drawn 2D assets.
    Last edited by Cheebs; 19 Apr 2010 at 04:53 PM.

3. I don't want to imagine a 3-D Marvel vs. Capcom game.

4. Can you imagine a Marvel Vs Capcom game using an up-scaled 1995 Wolverine sprite? That might be easier on the brain.

5. I don't even mind MvC2 upped a bit. They just need to make the stages widescreen so I'm not clinging to an invisible wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post

Joey is like Ryu in MvC1 and can switch into Ranger Joe. He has a finger scissor attack called Cut-It-Out
    LOLOLLO
    I took all your French Toast.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Yes. New high res sprites. Penciled by Don Bluth and colored by Boris Vallejo. All 900,000 frames.
    oh my jesus yes.

8. That would melt everyone's faces, Belloq-style.

9. "All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."