Page 15 of 403 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

1. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I hope they keep the MvC2 buttons. I was terrible at MvC because having six buttons makes it tough on a pad. But for real MvC2 perfected the Vs. series. I don't know what else they can do to change that except balance the game.
    They would be daft to fuck with the Marvel engine they made for 2. But the game could be balanced like mad. Make sure Sent doesn't have unblockable mouth laser or unfly etc. etc.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    JILL
    IS
    NOT
    SHITTY

She is a member of S.T.A.R.S. FYI
    You will have your chance to prove it tonight. B-Ri has a great Jill but I make her eat shit.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I agree. This is like... this is for hardcore gamers. When people think about MvC3 there isn't one human being alive that pictured a 3D game in their head.
    This is what you all get for buying SF IV.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    This is what you all get for buying SF IV.
    Yea, you can thank us because there is no way in hell MvC3 would be getting prepped if SF4 bombed.

You think Capcom would've responded to a SF4 sales failure by making MvC3 with high-res sprites? I have a bridge to sell you.

5. Putting to rest the notion that the trailer isn't representative of the in-game graphics:
    Quote Originally Posted by joystiq
    As Arnold Schwarzenegger would say: "It's not a rumah!" Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds is very real, and was unveiled by Capcom last week at its Captivate 2010 event. As you can see in the trailer above, the series is going fully polygonal for round three, with visuals that its publisher says deliver "a 'moving comic' style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics." Save for the fairly mundane cityscape, we'd have to agree that the characters in the video look like an evolution of what Capcom was able to deliver in Street Fighter IV. Also of note: The game is being built using the MT Framework engine, which powers Lost Planet 2.

It's coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in spring 2011. The producer and "total" director of the game (the trailer credits actually list him as such!) is none other than Ryota Niitsuma, producer of the superb versus series fighter Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. In fact, Niitsuma expressed his enthusiasm for the fighting genre to us back in January of this year. Now we know at least one of the reasons why. As for the cast of characters, the trailer (and artwork in the gallery below) give us clear looks at Ryu, Morrigan, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man and ... Resident Evil's Chris Redfield.

We've taken a long hard look at the silhouettes that appear behind the Capcom and Marvel logos are the start of the footage (and, again, in the background of the official art) and have, we think, identified some of the other characters, including Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Chun-Li, Frank West, Captain America, Dr. Doom, Deadpool and Super-Skrull. We know you can figure out the rest, right? There have to be some good ones, as Capcom's VP of strategic planning and bizdev, Christian Svensson, boldly claims we're in store for "the most epic fighting game ever developed."
    Ooooh, Super-Skrull would be an AWESOME addition. It'd be like including the whole F4, but only using up one roster slot. Plus he was so badass in Annihilation. Like Jack Bauer, but from outer space and with superpowers.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 20 Apr 2010 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Razor only plays SFIV with his feet. That's the only way I can explain how bad he is at that game.

7. Quote Originally Posted by joystiq View Post
    As Arnold Schwarzenegger would say: "It's not a rumah!"
    No. No he would not say that.

8. Fuck to that news. Oh well. The 3D in that trailer was shitty... worse than SFIV (which I like).
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. True story: I can beat many people in 3S using Chun and playing with my feet. At least a foot, anyway.

10. Quote Originally Posted by joystiq View Post
    the series is going fully polygonal for round three, with visuals that its publisher says deliver "a 'moving comic' style
    Hey, ya know what looks even more like a moving comic? You'll never guess.