Page 389 of 403 FirstFirst ... 375385387388389390391393 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4030

Thread: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

1. Wait, it's frowned upon to cry about infinites?

2. Many Capcom games were found to have infinites, even its 1v1 titles such as Alpha 3. In the Vs series, each incarnation had infinites. Not one was spared except MvC3 but that one had the DHC glitch so it didn't matter. Many players are from the days where it was just accepted and you either adapt or move on to a different game. This new breed of players want patches immediately. People on SRK won't even acknowledge that this is less of a threat than Zero's lightning loops or Spencer's unscaled up grapple combos and don't realize this may put many other characters closer to top-tier or even S tier.

I hate what the scene has become.

3. Ah I gotcha. Just watched a vide of that lightning loop, I don't really see the difference in how bullshit it is compared to this one since it's only two meters to finish someone off.

I kinda wanna pick this game up, but not for $40 .
    Last edited by Thief Silver; 25 Jun 2012 at 08:51 PM.

4. Did Alpha 3 have infinites outside of V-ism? I thought the only real infinite in the game needed a corner V-ism glitch with Ryu where he could do that jumping two hitter over and over again? There was never an Aplha 3 scene in my city so I dunno much about it and could be wrong as all get out.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

5. You needed V-ism but theoretically anyone can do an infinite since all you need to do to prevent someone from flipping out of juggle state is to not put your stick in neutral. My favorite one to do it with was Cody because he can break your guard with a bunch of tornadoes and jump up and j. Short you all day. Off the top of my head who had them: Vega, Ryu, Cody, Blanka, Balrog, Cammy, Sodom (his was super tricky to the point I stopped using him as my joke character), Guy, Birdie, etc. The best characters in the game didn't depend too much on the infinites. V-Ryu was about fourth best but he was behind V-Sakura who could just dominate with amazing normals, V-Akuma who could turn any hit into a custom combo (I mained him after dropping A-Guy), tied with Akuma was V-Zangief who was just plain damage and even had a glitched custom combos where he could pick you up off the ground into a command grab, and A/X-Dhalsim who fucked everyone's V-ism timing up.

So yeah.

6. The reason why V-ism is needed for those crouch-cancel infinites is because it allows you to cancel moves once activated. That means if you're in the air in the state I need you to be but I'm in the middle of a move, V-ism lets me cancel it and go into what I need. Once it runs out, you just eat my infinite for free.

Ryu was weird in arcade because you needed to be on a specific side, but it was altered in later versions if I remember correctly. But that side bullshit is why I didn't bother learning V-Ryu. In a tournament, the side could be contested and then you'll have to flip a coin. If you lost your side and had to be 2P, you'd be fucked. V-Akuma didn't care who you were or what side I was on you were going to eat a demon flip V-ism combo. Also, b+roundhouse ALL. DAY.

7. TACs are the worst.

I don't mind the infinites though.

8. Infinite ARE more dangerous than Zero's lightning loops, the build meter instead of cost it. Infinites are different than OHK (1 hit kill) combos because, depending on how they are done, they can either build WAY too much meter, or they can kill too much time. Outside of that infinites are not that different, but building meter is a big deal, and killing time can be too.

This is in Mvc3 with multiple health bars, in other games without that, infinites should be rare imo.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

9. I assume some of these require TAC to be a certain direction. In that case it should be possible to tech out of it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Infinite ARE more dangerous than Zero's lightning loops, the build meter instead of cost it. Infinites are different than OHK (1 hit kill) combos because, depending on how they are done, they can either build WAY too much meter, or they can kill too much time. Outside of that infinites are not that different, but building meter is a big deal, and killing time can be too.

This is in Mvc3 with multiple health bars, in other games without that, infinites should be rare imo.
    Doesn't Zero's loop build enough meter to make it last long enough to kill some one with a super at the end? He can get like 2 bars or something before he has to clone super right?

After watching all the finals of CEO and various other MvC3 footage I'd say the biggest issue MvC3 has is that so many random air throws = dead character. There's too much of that shit. Jump around doing j.H until a throw happens then it's 4th of July. I've seen way too many 2 pixel comebacks because Akuma finally landed that air throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    You needed V-ism but theoretically anyone can do an infinite since all you need to do to prevent someone from flipping out of juggle state is to not put your stick in neutral.
    That was the caveat of the infinites? That simple? Did they change that for the DC version? I remember hearing they took out the screen freeze unblockables out of V-ism in the DC version and that's why no one liked it.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html