Page 3 of 403 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

1. I've played tons of CvS2 tournaments. I know what I'm talking about.

2. I've covered wars, y'know.

3. This is weird timing. I was playing Marvel Super Heroes on MAME the other day (one of the best 2D fighters ever) and thinking about the good ol' days when Capcom had the Marvel license. Could my dreams have come true? Could Capcom have the Marvel license back...?

Of course, Capcom doesn't make 2D games any more, so this possible announcement doesn't carry quite the weight with me that it would have otherwise had. Still, great news if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Darkstalkers...no fucking polygons.
    This x1000. It's been far, far too long since Vampire Savior (my all-time favorite 2D fighter).
    Last edited by Dolemite; 15 Apr 2010 at 12:57 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Of course, Capcom doesn't make 2D games any more, so this possible announcement doesn't carry quite the weight with me that it would have otherwise had. Still, great news if true.
    That's strange, I could've sworn they released that one game about a man who was mega recently. It was like the 9th or the 10th one in the series. What was it called again?

5. Quote Originally Posted by PopeJewish View Post
    That's strange, I could've sworn they released that one game about a man who was mega recently. It was like the 9th or the 10th one in the series. What was it called again?
    Dark Void Zero.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I won't care until I have the physical copy in my hand. With my luck it will be for the Wii.
    digital download

also lol marvel blacks

7. It makes sense if they use the TvC visuals and perhaps even the engine, which is just dumbed-down MvC2 anyway, of course with shitty baroque...

perhaps they are just extending TvC to include some marvel characters (not sure what they'd name it) -- if they would actually label this mvc3 and use the tvc engine that would be really sad... but then again, MvC2 isn't really getting old after all these years so fans such as myself can still play it all we want...

Of all the franchises, I'd prefer a new darkstalkers, but that Sf4 graphics engine would butcher the beauty of the characters.

I'm not holding my breath on this one -- even if it is true, it has a lot ot live up to
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

8. A new MvC even if it was 3d could be pretty sweet, seeing as Marvel has a shitload of cool dudes to add in (Deadpool/Sentry/Ares/The Dinosaur from Runaways) that weren't in the old one, and Capcom has Frank West/Dante/The shopkeeper from RE4/Phoenix Wright/Jean Reno from Onimusha/Viewtiful Joe/etc.

But if it had to be 3d, the style of SF4 would be a thousand times more welcome than the style of TvC. But I'm not Frothing With Anticipation.

9. I honestly don't care about new characters. They get fucked for moves. Out of all the new characters in MvC2 the only good one is Cable.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman View Post
    Of all the franchises, I'd prefer a new darkstalkers, but that Sf4 graphics engine would butcher the beauty of the characters.
    A graphics engine doesn't draw or model or animate the characters.