Page 1 of 16 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops

It's a new year, so there must be a new Call of Duty coming. That much is old news. The news is that this year's isn't a sequel to either the original or Modern Warfare. Instead, and for the better, this year's title from Treyarch will focus on Black Ops:

Official Site
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5241015.jpg 
Views:	836 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	54252  

2. Your mom loves black ops.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Watts @ 1UP
    Today's announcement of Call of Duty: Black Ops wasn't particularly surprising, since we know the franchise is being annualized by Activision. But now we have more reason to believe that early rumors about its setting were true as well. CVG reports that the U.K. retailer GAME has posted a description of Black Ops, which makes new claims about included locales.

The description mentions Cuba, the Arctic, and "the jungles of Vietnam" as locations in the upcoming game. This is all from a retailer, of course, but it fits with prior rumors about this game being set in multiple locations during the Vietnam war. This also sheds some light on why Activision chose this specific day to make the announcement. Today marks the 35-year anniversary of the Fall of Saigon, which effectively ended U.S. military action in Vietnam.
    Link

4. Trailer for the game should be up tonight. I hope to see some dogs in multiplayer.

World at War> MW2

Go Treyarch
    Last edited by SamuraiMoogle; 30 Apr 2010 at 02:47 PM.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. I loved WaW so I'm definitely excited to see what Treyarch does with this one. Especially if they can improve/fix a lot of the things from MW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

6. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    Trailer for the game should be up tonight. I hope to see some dogs in multiplayer.

World at War> MW2

Go Treyarch
    QFT. Fuck IW...er Respawn.

7. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt...-call-of/65166

Gametrailers "Pop-Block" version of the teaser trailer.

I definitely enjoyed playing COD:WaW more than both of the Modern Warfares (Zombie modes and multiplayer Tank matches FTW) so, despite all the negative Activision buzz lately, I'll be picking this up day-numero uno.

8. Looks good, I wish there was more actual footage in the trailer though.

9. Looks awesome and I can't wait, but F' the haters I like the MW series. MW2 was the best five hours of shooting terrorists in the face.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Dedicated servers have returned. This means that it was Infinity Ward's fuck up and not Activision's it seems.