Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDMI Question

1. HDMI Question

Buy your cables from Monoprice, I know. But I was reading on the avsforums that if the cable is long, it'd be wise to go with a good quality cable. I need three 25'-30' cables - what's a good brand HDMI to go with? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

2. Monster Cables
    Accept no substitutes.

3. Lol, seriously, buy them at Monoprice. The only thing you can improve in HDMI cables is their reliability. But HDMI cables either work or don't, so it isn't like you can have a degraded single. The Monoprice ones are so cheap that if they ever crap out (mine never have, but longer ones are more likely to something go wrong) you can replace them and still have spent far less money than almost buying almost anything else.

4. Mman doesn't know what he's talking about. Go with 3 of these Monster cables (and they're about $40 cheaper from the TNL store!). Anything less and your picture will look like some atari 2600 bullshit.
    Last edited by Nick; 04 May 2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Fixed link.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Is the Monster Cable joke still running full steam?

If it's not, it should be.

7. I got a 20 footer from Monoprice, works fine... I would imagine an extra 5-10 feet wouldn't be all that much different (if at all). CNET uses monoprice cables to test out products, if that helps you any. Also, picked up optical audio cables from monoprice... no problems with anything so far.

8. I've heard good things about BJC so I think my cous is going to go with that, the price isn't too ridiculous, around $50 (monoprice has only one 30ft cable and it's around $25, so whatever).

Also, is HDMI the way to go with sound as well, or should we look into optical or fiber optic audio cables or whatever?

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

9. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    I've heard good things about BJC so I think my cous is going to go with that, the price isn't too ridiculous, around $50 (monoprice has only one 30ft cable and it's around $25, so whatever).

Also, is HDMI the way to go with sound as well, or should we look into optical or fiber optic audio cables or whatever?

Thanks for the help.
    HDMI is the only way to get DD+ or DTS-HD. Its pointless to run extra cables unless your running to audio hardware that doesnt have HDMI decoding.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin