Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 365

1. Have 2 for today to make up for missing yesterday. Both are pet/animal shots. I am pet sitting for my folks tonight, and of the other shots I tried to get around the place, these were the best. I could have done a little better trying to perfect the shots, but anyone who has tried taking pics of animals knows you just have to shoot what you can and hope it works out... unless the animal is being super lazy and or sleeping. I wanted a shallowl depth of field, but in hindsight, I should have used a smaller aperture and higher ISO. I like the cat one, but the nose is just out of the depth of field. The dog one is ok, but the sun made for some overblown highlights that don't ruin the subjects face, but could be distracting.

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004_001.jpg 
Views:	1021 
Size:	400.5 KB 
ID:	54411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004_002.jpg 
Views:	1020 
Size:	520.0 KB 
ID:	54412  
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 09 May 2010 at 12:02 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rated E View Post

I grabbed some stuff around my desk for the sake of taking a picture to put in this thread, I wasn't really happy with any out of the bunch, but settled for this one!
    Cute picture. My critique would be that it could use a bit of post-processing to correct the white balance, make some of the colors pop, and maybe sharpen it a bit. Also, there could be a bit more space between the far right subject and the edge of the picture. As it is right now, it is a bit too close to the cut off of the image.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 09 May 2010 at 12:03 AM.

Re: composition. I think if the blue thing filled more of the image it wouldn't be an issue. Right now there is, essentially, a giant arrow of dead space pointing at the far right mushroom shouting "look at me"

I don't mind the white balance issue, but I also don't think things should be perfect. We may have discussed this before!

I would eat the fuck out of those mushrooms btw...

4. so here is my entry for today, took some of the pointers that Cap gave me. what do you guys think?

Name:	IMG_0183.JPG 
Views:	779 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	54426  
    Last edited by DumpTruck; 09 May 2010 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

5. I like it. The point of view works perfectly for the subject, giving it a larger than life feel. And excellent use of the rule of thirds, and extra kudos for getting the neighborhood in the background. Looks like a giant monster is attacking the suburbs. The contrastiness (pure black of the lower right corner and a bit in the upper right) may work a little against the photo, but I am not sure yet. Regardless, a great first image.

I am not 100% on how tilt shift lenses work and how far away you have to be to get the effect, but I do know that they can make large things look like miniature scale models and would be perfect for this kind of photo to give the stuffed monster a much larger than life look compared to its surroundings.

I've been wanting to go shoo this particular movie theater nearby that has these crazy neon lights all over it giving it the look of an old timey movie theater. I was gonna go the other night, but it was raining, so I may try to go tonight as my photo for today. Hopefully the lights will be on when I go, and I hope to try and get a cool noir style photo.

6. thanks dude!

Looking good! Now simg tag it or die a thousand deaths!

8. thanks...and i tried to but something doesn't seem to be working right

There are issues with editing in simg tags these days. You should post about it in the TNL is being a bitch thread.

10. Day 5. Not sure how I feel about this one. I should have gone the other night when it was lightly raining cause I always had this picture in my head with the reflections of the neon lights glowing off the wet pavement. I'll have to go again after a rainy day to get that particular shot. I guess it kinda looks noir, but what would have made it perfect was if I could have had one person in a trench coat or wearing cool hat standing in the small lit up area beneath the sign.

Click for full size

Name:	005_002.jpg 
Views:	985 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	54448  
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 10 May 2010 at 10:18 PM.