Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 365

Got two tonight. I shot a LOT of the same shot with various film, lens and flash combinations before I found one I liked. The people standing off to the side was a happy accident. This is shooting north from the intersection of Lexington and Guiford, a little bit before midnight:

Click for full size

This is around 1am, maybe 1:30, right after we closed. This is the shift bonus, I guess.

Click for full size

I like both of these shots. I am aware I am not doing GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY, but most of the time I feel like great photography is wildly overrated (no hate intended, cap). I love the square format this is forcing on me, and I love that I can't frame my shot with 100% accuracy. This reminds me of taking pictures back when I was a youngster and having NO IDEA what would come out of each shot. Best program ever. Totally worth the $1.99 if any of you have an iPhone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0394.JPG 
Views:	821 
Size:	530.8 KB 
ID:	54583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0400.JPG 
Views:	814 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	54584  

Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    Amazing you were able to pull that off given the circumstances.
    I wish I had taken the shot about 1/32nd of a second earlier so that fucking stoplight would be in a slightly better place.

WHATEVER!

3. damn dude I really love that first one, I would frame that and hang it
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    (no hate intended, cap)
    None taken. Love the first shot. That app is really cool. I had a plug-in for PS that did similar stuff. I need to reinstall it and mess around with it.

5. Here is yesterdays. Got another I like that I will throw in the photog thread. Nothing fancy. Just messing around the apartment. Not sure what the hell I am going to do for today, but whatever it is, it is going to have to wait until I get back from work tonight.

Click for full size

Name:	008_001.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	455.0 KB 
ID:	54594  
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 13 May 2010 at 01:40 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

This is the infamous Monroe/Fayette intersection in West Baltimore. I'd have framed the shot differently if I had more time, but I was driving while I took this. It was also raining. I had to time the shot with the wipers clearing off my windshield, and the fact that I was doing about 40mph because fuck this neighborhood... seriously. I'd like to go back and shoot this from the middle of the intersection, but it's not a good neighborhood to be waving around an iPhone in.

Anyway... it is what it is.
    That turned out pretty great, I wouldn't have been able to guess it was shot out of a moving car.

There are these two little Indian looking dolls hanging from a tree outside, and I've always wanted to take a picture of them. Unfortunately there is always a car, fence, or house in every direction, so I tried shooting beneath it. I can't seem to get the picture I want at all, but here is the best one.
    (Dang house is still in the backround.)

Click for full size

Cap, ninja turtle on Eiffle tower is awesome.

Name:	011.JPG 
Views:	328 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	54625  

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rated E View Post

Click for full size
    Interesting subject(s). They may have been too high up for you to do this, but my suggestions would have been to try to get more level with them and a bit closer. Also, rule of thirds. Have them favoring one side of the frame more than the other, and by the way they were facing, I'd go right side. Another suggestion would be to use a wider aperture and go with an even shallower depth of field, but this completely dependent on the ability of your lens/camera. also not a must, but it would draw the eye to the subject more as the background is a bit busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated E View Post
    Cap, ninja turtle on Eiffle tower is awesome.
    Thanks. I was walking around the apartment and the Eiffel tower thing is my roommates. I was just trying to take a shallow DOF shot of the tower, but then decided to throw good ol' Donatello on there to make it a bit more interesting. I've been so busy the past few days, and the weather has sucked, so I haven't been able to shoot anything, but I have tomorrow off, and if the weather cooperates, and I can find time between finally being able to do a little running and the hockey games, I hope to get something for tomorrow.

8. I took some good stuff on Thursday, but I've been a little busy to take them off my camera. I'll try an do it today
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

9. Got some pics for today. Will try to put one up later tonight.

10. since no one uses the photogs thread anymore
    Last edited by B-Ri; 17 May 2010 at 03:21 AM.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),