Thread: Take-Two Announces Vietcong

1. Take-Two Announces Vietcong

Just in case it hasn't sunk in that we lost....

New York's Take-Two Interactive announced recently the October release of <b>Vietcong</b>, a PC first person shooter set to take place during the Vietnam conflict. Gary Lewis, international managing director of Take Two Interactive, Europe promises that the game will feature a strong mix of intense jungle warfare action and strategy.

In addition to the arsenal of more than 25 weapons -- including M16s, grenade launchers, and sniper rifles -- players of <i>Vietcong</i> will also be able to order air strikes and perform ambushes against cadres of enemy troops.

As for atmosphere, prepare to take your "A-Team" squad of special forces soldiers through a series of intense missions that capture the hair-trigger unpredictability of full-fledged guerilla combat. Take-Two also promises a fully featured multiplayer mode where players can choose from either the Special Forces or the Vietcong.

Sorry, no word on whether or not Mr. T will be present for any in-game cameos.

2. Are they including the option to slaughter women and children?

Seems like a shitty war to make a game about, if you ask me. It isn't WWII, where one side clearly held the moral high ground.

3. but... we lost the vietnam war.... so.... whats the point? survive until nixon pulls the troops out?