Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: $20,000 To Invest for 5 years

1. Invest in my future. For 5 years.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Sure I can. I wouldn't be able to figure out how to spend $20 million though. That's a lot of money. $20 grand ain't shit.
    I could spend 20 mill easy.

I could probably spend any realistic amount of money. Its called helping people, starting organizations, businesses, investment, charity, etc.

A few mill flys by when you try to get any large number of people, resources, and ideas to move in a desired direction.

Shit, and I'd probably buy a nuclear submarine, and a couple 100 tanks. Maybe some jets and helicopters. And a huge dump truck. Drive that bitch over houses. Oh and booze for everyone. And blow. And hookers, and other ladies that can be won over with money. Oh, and get some of those huge carrier jets the military has, so I can take my super machine party anywhere I want.

as for 20k, it is a lot of money, if you are actually being practical with it. 20k buys a lot of food. It makes needed repairs to a shitty 1k car. It would pay for my tuition for about 4 years. It could pay my rent and utilities for about 4 years too.

20k can do a lot of helpful and needed things.

But no, it won't go far in buying sports cars or diamond covered buttplugs for drew.

3. I'm a bit late. Wasn't really following the thread, but I've been looking into this topic lately, and a lot of signs seem to point towards investing in silver. Let me disclaim that I know next to nothing about finances. I'm just passing on what I've been reading. It seems like the dollar is still a big question mark... the worst of the state of the economy could be yet to come. Not to mention the Amero... how will this be implemented? (Rhetorical question, we don't need to get into that.) Anyways, things could get better or they could get worse, but you bypass all of these variables entirely by investing in precious metals. I'm pretty much broke, but if I wasn't then at this point I'd be skeptical about keeping my assets in those "trust us, it's worth something" slips of paper. Or, rather, "yeah, we've got your slips of paper somewhere in the back room" digital currency.

Right now silver is at 18.23 per ounce and gold is at 1,212.60 per ounce. They're both significantly more than they were a year ago.. so yeah, it would've been better to buy back then, but I think these will keep climbing.

From what I've gathered, even though silver is much cheaper than gold right now (and always has been, of course), it's actually about twice as scarce. It's poised to be the first element in the periodic table to become "extinct" within the earth... meaning we will have mined it all up. And unlike gold, which is just used for containing value, silver actually has huge, huge industrial application. It's used in everything for its conductive properties. What will happen when we run out?

Several people a lot more informed than myself have suggested that it's only a matter of time until silver actually surpasses gold in value.

I was just trying to do a bit of research on this topic and come to a conclusion that I thought sounded most sensible, so who knows. At this point though, I'm pretty sold on the idea of investing in silver. Resource-based currency in general, really. The banks are all corrupt anyways. This system of creating money with interest can't sustain itself forever, right?

Anyways, it might be worth looking into.