Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: $20,000 To Invest for 5 years

1. $20,000 To Invest for 5 years

I've got about $20,000.00 in a savings (ING) account getting 1.12% - if I don't need to touch this money for 5 years, what would you suggest as the best investment that isn't terribly risky?

2. CDs.

3. How willing are you to keep an eye out and move the money around (babysit it)?

What kind of gains are you looking to make?

What is your aversion to risk on a scale from 1 to 5? 5 being that you dislike risk, 1 meaning you love risk and don't mind it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Do you have something set up for your kid for college? Look into the NYS 529 plan. Depending on how old she is, it may be tied up for more than 5 years, but you can set your risk; and as long as its used for school, there's no tax involved.
    I have them set up for my kids, and with the most conservative plan set in motion, even with the shitty economy I'm seeing 5% growth annually. When I set it up it was closer to 10%.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    How willing are you to keep an eye out and move the money around (babysit it)?

What kind of gains are you looking to make?

What is your aversion to risk on a scale from 1 to 5? 5 being that you dislike risk, 1 meaning you love risk and don't mind it at all.
    Very - assuming that's daily and not hourly. I'd hate to lose a ton of money because I wasn't available every second.

Better than 1.25 %

6. If some one tells you you can make mad bank investing 20k in a new magazine DO NOT listen to them!

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

7. Invest in me, I'm awesome.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    If some one tells you you can make mad bank investing 20k in a new magazine DO NOT listen to them!
    LOL

9. I'd buy a couple real dolls and make deposits every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    CDs.
    Do you recommend any good ones? I am sick of listening to mah Ace of Base album all day. I prefer dance music that you hear at the clubs! When I'm gettin' tipsy. Erbody.
    I took all your French Toast.