Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Frank Frazetta Appreciation Thread

1. see?
    Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frank_frazetta_themoonmaid.jpg 
Views:	2336 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	54498  
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 12 May 2010 at 01:20 PM.

3. Old motherfucker learned to draw with his LEFT HAND!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. God was intimidated by this guys talent, and made him have a stroke. Frank said, Aint no thing God! I will use my other hand!

5. I'm at work so I can't see the linked video, but I'll assume it's from the documentary about him. That dude was amazing. Goddamned peerless artist and a fucking Man's Man. My dad introduced me to his work when I was just a kid and I flipped the fuck out for all the monsters, dinosaurs, and swordfights. It was pure magic to my young brain. I swear to god his work is directly responsible for my love of a nice juicy ass. Guy was in a league of his own.

6. Here are some of my favorites.

On a side note, Boris Valkjdsflxcvxmio can go suck a dick. Fucking body builders in the most un-dynamic, lifeless poses I have ever seen. Guy has tried to be Frazetta every day of his career. Fucking terrible.
    Last edited by JM; 12 May 2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: simg tags can suck a dick too.

7. wah! It can only be marvel or dc, republican or democrat, howard or O&A!
    Fuck off with that.
    It's okay to appreciate shit from both camps.
    I will certainly agree that Frazetta is the better artist, but that doesn't mean Vallejo's stuff is junk.

8. Vallejo's stuff is junk. I am not sure he has ever painted a lady's torso (fake tits and all) in anything but a 3/4 angle.

Those horrible-ass Marvel Masterpiece cards are Exhibit A. Art Adams' sets kicked the shit out of 'em!
    Last edited by YellerDog; 12 May 2010 at 10:35 AM.