Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: New Subscriptions To Remove Ads

1. New Subscriptions To Remove Ads

This'll be a pretty big month for TNL. Besides preparing for E3 and our twelfth anniversary, we'll be adding several features and enhancements that I think you'll like. I don't want you bored, because you get dangerous then, so I intend to keep you all entertained. But more on that later in May.

In the meantime, there's no reason you should have to wait for some tweaks in the ad department. As always, it costs a lot of money to keep Doc Holliday in diapers, so we'll continue to run ads. There will be a couple of changes for the better, however.

1. Subscribers will not be served any outside advertising, and subscription prices will be reduced by about 35- to 65%. The new rates are as follows:

a. One month ad free: $2.25
    b. Three months ad free: $6.50
    c. Six months ad free: $12.00
    d. One year with no ads: $24.00

If you aren't a subscriber already, I encourage you to sign up right now. The old prices were reasonable, in my opinion, at about eleven cents a day, but now you can get a subscription for less than seven cents a day. If you're all paid up when I post this, I will double the length of your current subscription. So if you've already paid for six months and it's current (no matter how few days you have left in the subscription), I will tack on another six months.

2. We will continue to rely on the very easy subscription method built into the forum, but beginning June 1, you will be able to use Google Checkout or a personal check or money order in addition to PayPal. Even though PayPal's been excellent in my experience, some of you prefer alternatives.

All the options are on our paid subscriptions page, and I will update you once I add more options.

Current subscribers: You will get the bonus time as outlined above, so your old subscriptions will be cancelled in PayPal. A lot of you are paid up well into next year, so you won't have to go in to the User CP for many months in order to stay ad-free. If you pay for more months now, PayPal will charge you now, but the new time will be added on top of your existing subscription. Old subscriptions will not recur automatically.

Any other questions? Send me a PM or ask below.
    Last edited by Nick; 13 May 2010 at 09:05 PM.

2. Speaking of being entertained, whatever happened to TNL Legends?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Hopefully that padded ship has sailed...

4. There might be something about that come the end of the month.

I WILL BRING FUNDAMENTAL CHANGES TO TNL!

NO WE SHOULD KEEP DOING TNL LEGENDS UNTIL EVERYONE IS A LEGEND

6. I'm still pretty damned pissed that fucking K3V, Rhydant and Opaque are legends yet I'm not.

K3V.

Seriously, what is that bullshit?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Buffalo cups the balls.℠
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. The Gears team gets its own wing.

9. Yet team nippon gets shafted.

10. I'm building a phallic-shaped wing for the Japanese.