Thread: Video options for PC/Monitor

1. Video options for PC/Monitor

I wanna hook up my older game consoles to my monitor but how is the best way to go about that? I'm looking not to spend more then $40 or so otherwise I could just get a cheap 19' LCD.

I'm using a Dell with Windows XP that is probably about 4 or 5 years old and it wasn't top of the line to begin with.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

Define "older". That makes a big difference. Are we talking 2D games or 3D?

Actually, you aren't doing shit for $40, so it's somewhat of a moot point.

3. Yoshi, I have seen some products like on newegg that hook up via usb and have audio/video inputs on the other end for around that price.

The pc is from like 2005 or so. I will probably end up using nes, snes, genesis and DC.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

4. If you want to talk about older. I use this for my NES.

http://www.richardlagendijk.nl/cip/c...y/monitor/1701

Don't let the age of this thing fool you. It puts out a beautiful picture for older console systems like the SNES, Genesis and even a nice image for a Neo*Geo system.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Like Wasabi View Post
    Yoshi, I have seen some products like on newegg that hook up via usb and have audio/video inputs on the other end for around that price.
    So then quality doesn't matter? I guess I assumed you wanted to be able to see the games still.

6. If you're trying to go directly into your monitor it's probably not gonna happen. If you route them through the PC then yeah, you can pick up capture cards and USB dongles and such that will have the proper inputs, I just don't have a whole lot of experience with them so I can't really make a recommendation.

At that point you can just use emulators, though....

7. Some USB adaptors have acceptable lag, but most are horrible. Just find a cheap VGA box if you don't intend to record any game videos.