Thread: Commodore 64 cables

1. Commodore 64 cables

I picked up a Commodore 64, 3 disk drives and a ton of software at a garage sale this weekend for a buck. Problem is there are absolutely no cables. It looks like the disk drives use a standard PC power cable so I'm good on those. I just need a power and video cable for the Commodore 64 and a cable to connect the disk drive to it so I can test everything out.

I'm not looking to spend a lot here (since I have no idea if this stuff actually works), reply here or PM me if you can help out.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. I may have an extra power supply, but I can't check my spot til sunday. As far as video, I believe its uses the same as the OG genesis for AV. Or you can run a composite cord to switch box ala atari, inteliivision, etc.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I may have an extra power supply, but I can't check my spot til sunday. As far as video, I believe its uses the same as the OG genesis for AV. Or you can run a composite cord to switch box ala atari, inteliivision, etc.
    Awesome, I've got one of those OG genesis AV cables somewhere. And I'm in no rush so just let me know when you can about the power supply.

Now I just need to find one of the cables that will connect the disk drive to the main unit. I know it's not likely that they work but I'm hoping one does because there are a fuck-ton of games in the box on 5.25 floppys (sadly, only 2 originals).
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

4. Emulate that shit. I keep a C128 and a couple of drives sound for shits and giggles. The loading and disk swapping is obnoxious. But I'm gay, so I still fuck around with them once a blue moon.

5. I've done the emulation thing for years now. I'm also gay and like to fuck around once in a while too. I've actually just found a local guy with an old Commodore 1702 monitor on craigslist for $10, I'll be checking it out here soon and as long as it's working good I'm gonna grab it.
    Last edited by Timber; 17 May 2010 at 10:01 PM.