Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Any of You Think?

Drugs too.

2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis

Coworker brought this to my attention. Any of you kids heard about this crazy stuff?

That's a dumb one.

4. Because, y'know, only europe has recorded history.

5. oh wow, those are amazing/broke my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. After some finite time, Achilles will have run 100 meters, bringing him to the tortoise's starting point. During this time, the tortoise has run a much shorter distance, say, 10 meters. It will then take Achilles some further time to run that distance, by which time the tortoise will have advanced farther; and then more time still to reach this third point, while the tortoise moves ahead. Thus, whenever Achilles reaches somewhere the tortoise has been, he still has farther to go. Therefore, because there are an infinite number of points Achilles must reach where the tortoise has already been, he can never overtake the tortoise.
    I'm waiting eagerly for Cheeks to pop in here and see what it does to him, if anything.

EDIT: Thinking for people in my field of work.

http://codegolf.stackexchange.com/qu...s-itself/31863
    Last edited by Calliander; 11 Nov 2016 at 03:07 PM.

Freshman calculus motherfucker.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Freshman calculus motherfucker.
    I was looking at it more from the philosophical standpoint. Of course math disproves it.

It proves and disproves it. The Achilles in all of us never catches up with anything. We can not inhabit the same space as another object. And we never actually touch anything. There is always a small gap between our atoms and the atoms of an exterior body (or any other atom really).

Calculus just lets you find the good enough point.