Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Any of You Think?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Well, do you? About anything hypothetical? Philosophical? Conceptual?

About things that are not directly related to advancing your job, acquiring more shit, fucking random people?

Honest question. Not trying to imply that others are stupid.

We have a lot of threads here. We pretty much talk about current events, new games, and the same stupid political/religious topics every year. I can't really remember the last time there was a serious discussion about anything outside that realm.

Oh, and one last question, why is that when anything philosophical comes up online, it is met with

apathy
    ridicule (poster is probably called a fag or pussy)
    a claim that the topic is not new (and if the poster is a weeman, a long page post on how it isn't new and who thought it up first.)
    Seriously? You're actually asking that question? On TNL?

Come on man, you know better than that. In the last ten years the only time there's been any deep or thought provoking conversation is when me, you, Frog, Jeremy, Andrew, occasionally Josh, Doc Holiday and a few others butted heads in a thread that I usually started.

One of the primary reasons for the extreme apathy you run into here is because the pointlessness of existence is starting to set in for some folks as they get closer to the big 40. None of them will admit it to be sure, but it shows in the way and what they post as opposed to 5 years ago. I'm sure you've noticed it as well. A lot of them are starting to ask "What the fuck is the point? Why the fuck am I here?".

Do they think? Of course they do, but TNL is not the place for thought. Nor will it ever be until people start being honest with themselves. Until then there is only your mom.

Speaking of which, JOSH, tell your mom she better have my money or nigga gon' haf'ta smack a bitch.

2. Are you the Jesus freak?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Yes but there's no point in posting any significant thoughts on TNL. Every time I've tried the subject is trolled until I lose interest.
    The Philosophy of Ramon

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Are you the Jesus freak?
    That's what the tag under my name says.

5. Dumb and Dumberer

6. Okay. Now I know not to take you seriously.

7. And now, for the rest of the series:

[/THREAD]

Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa View Post
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 18 May 2010 at 11:01 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Trolling aside, Cheeks and I had a half hour phone conversation the other day about philosophy and science and shit.

9. Leave it to a Mississippian to throw farming into every conversation.

10. Tnl just doesn't seem like the sort of place to discuss these things.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life