Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32424445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Any of You Think?

1. I think there should have been some incentive to cooperate beyond manipulation. Like the cheat payout is 1 vs 2 (3-1).
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 06 Sep 2017 at 05:32 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I definitely played copycat for the majority of it, which is similar to how i'd maneuver irl. I think I got a 38 at the first bit.

What I love about the outcome is that it shows how in many scenarios, a moderate (or, mutable) sensibility is best for the whole in the long term. While an extreme (all cheat, all cooperate) can work on the small scale, it falls apart when performed 10, 20, 30+ times. This can be applied to so many things in society!
    Game theory's mantra of take the money and the betray the others only works if it's a short term game you're playing. Of course life, if you're lucky, isn't that short term and made up of many games.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I think there should have been some incentive to cooperate beyond manipulation. Like the cheat payout is 1 vs 2 (3-1).
    If I played long enough, I would have seen this is possible.

<3 Sats
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

yeah, that was pretty good

5. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. This brings up a question I've had for about 10 years. City Crime > Town Crime, so could city crime be reduced by city planning focused on increased interactions in centralized neighborhoods of 1000 or less? Could Dallas, a city of 1,000,000, reduce crime if it were broken apart and restructured into 1000 self-sufficient pockets of 1000 residents and the immediate commercial and entertainment needs to support them?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 07 Sep 2017 at 08:19 PM.

Cities are already broken up into pockets. They're called neighborhoods.

And doing more of that would just increase crime. People rarely hurt their own. Shitty people always justify their shittiness by creating a "other" out of the people in the other area.

8. Can art cross cultures or is it bound to the culture which creates it? If so, at what point does it become cultural appropriation?

9. Cultural appropriation isn't real.

I don't know, I would say that minorities trying to come up with guilt free forms of prejudiced and self inflected segregation so they can both participate in hate while holding onto a culture of victimization, is pretty real.