Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece

1. Hand Brake? Nice, thanks! I'll start investigating that one now. Part of the problem is that searching for video converters threw back too many results and I didn't have a way to sort.

And honestly, I'm not sure. 720p X264, MP4. The 360 doesn't like the format at all, and the PS3 gives audio with no video.

James

2. MP4 is the container. Those are used because of mobile devices so they play back on them without needing to be converted.

I haven't streamed something to my 360 for years so I'm not sure what containers it supports these days. The one I know it supports is .avi and Hand Brake can convert to that. I also thought the PS3 played MP4.

3. So far I've learned the video codec is H.264 (x264) with AAC audio, and that's direct from Hand Brake. All info I've got says this plays fine in both PS3 and 360, except for the bit where it doesn't play at all in 360, and black screen with audio-only in PS3. Further research is being conducted, but at least I've got a starting point instead of being slightly overwhelmed with unfamiliar options. Thanks again for the help.

James

4. You can play those in windows media center on the 360 if you're streaming from your PC and have some stupid convoluted divx codec installed or something. It's fucking stupid.
    And you can use terrible transcoding software (PS3 media server i think?) to stream to both systems but that shit sucks.

I gave up on this a long time ago and just ran HDMI from my PC to my TV and have been oh so happy ever since. Otherwise just convert your shit with handbrake and be happy you didn't even try to get anything that isn't officially supported to play on your 360.
    Last edited by FirstBlood; 20 May 2012 at 06:56 PM.

5. I don't get it. It worked perfectly. Put in PS3, play. I didn't change a single setting. Output settings are H.264(x264), framerate is Same as Source, variable framerate, etc. I loaded the file, set the output destination, and hit Convert just to see what would happen for a baseline reading. The file shrunk from 213MB to 170MB, and now it plays fine.

Near as I can tell, I converted something into the thing it already is, except for being somewhat smaller, and now it works. Whatever, getting it working was the result I was after and it looks fine. I'm happy with this.

-edit- Plays fine on 360, too.

James
    Last edited by James; 20 May 2012 at 07:12 PM.

6. It's all about the container. It's just how it is.

Why is the worst service of all, Hulu Plus, the only one that has One Piece? >=[

8. Also we only have seasons 1, 2, 3, 9 and 10 or something like that. We're missing the best one! Enies Lobby

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Why is the worst service of all, Hulu Plus, the only one that has One Piece? >=[
    A viewer looking to skip the intro and recap is subjected to three clusters of ads first. I tried to get into it, but I couldn't deal with the nearly 1-1 ads-to-show ratio.

On a PAID service. Inexcusable. I WOULD NEVER
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery