Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One Piece

1. ...so dont?

2. I think you jerks tricked me again. I thought this was supposed to be better than Dragonball, but i am pretty sure i just sat through a five or six episode long fight (kuro and the pirate cats).
    I dont hate it. But...yeah. I was hoping for more exploration. More Nadia and less DBZ.
    Shushu should totally have come with them.

3. People say this show is better than Dragonball? Pft, I've always thought this show was lame but didn't want to say anything when you had them all on your list. But, also because I know a lot of people like it and figured you might too.
    Last edited by Rated E; 04 Dec 2012 at 03:20 PM.

4. SO THEN WHATS A BETTER LONGFORM SHOW THAT ISNT DRAGONBALL AND IF YOU SAY FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST I WILL KNOW YOURE JUST TRYING TO TRICK ME AGAIN!

5. It's DBZ on cartoony pirate ships, so expect fights. I never watched the anime but I enjoyed the manga for a good while, the creator did some fun stuff with the fruits.

I always disliked the art style which is probably what kept me from being a bigger fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJN
    SO THEN WHATS A BETTER LONGFORM SHOW
    I doubt there's one. After one season pretty much everything devolves into filler and/or idiocy.

6. ... Then how has it last 500 episodes? Weird.

7. "Ah, i can hear your stomach rumbling from here!"
    "That was a fart, jerk! Just give me something to eat!"

Maybe i do like this show. Just dont need one fight to take two hours.

8. Once people get started on a series they'll keep watching no matter how bad it gets. I'm always surprised at the amount of times I've read something like, "The last 100 episodes of this filler arc while waiting for the main story to pick up again have all been really shitty, but maybe it'll be okay by the time I get through the next 50."

See also: Lost.

There are a few fights in One Piece that I still remember because he incorporated the plot pretty well into them, so they're not all fighting just for the sake of fighting.

9. One Piece anime has never appealed to me, but the manga's been an enjoyable DBZ.

10. Legend of the Galactic Heroes is like 110 episodes. That long enough?

Hajime no Ippo is also just over 100, but be aware you'd have to jump over to the (currently ongoing manga) for more. Riisuke translates it, actually.

Slam Dunk, too. Galaxy Express 999, too.

One Piece is probably the best of the reallllly long ones (that isn't episodic like Lupin or Shin-chan or such) but it suffers from having to stay in production without catching up to the manga too terribly quickly. So...yeah. Five or six episode long fights. Just the way it is. Maybe when it's all over they'll do One Piece Kai.

Have a link to help you out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._episode_count