Thread: Wireless Router Woes

1. Wireless Router Woes

So since I moved into my house I've decided to do the wireless thing. I had a WRT54G (Still works, is working now), and wanted to get into 802.11n. I bought a Linksys E1000 and it worked great, except there was NO way to get open nat on live (Big enough deal for me to return it). Then I just got the Netgear WNR3500L. Cool enough thing, open nat, etc. RIDICULOUS PACKET LOSS ISSUES.

So now I'm looking at a D-Link DIR-655. It's got a whole mess of positive reviews on Newegg, and Bestbuy.com but so did the other two and well, we see where that got me.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Edit: OR, should I just say fuck it, and keep the G.
    Last edited by Chux; 31 May 2010 at 09:45 PM.

2. The man in me who wants to get a free router says check your wireless devices before you check your router and make sure they can work fine with your router.

The man in me who wants you to be online says keep the G.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    The man in me who wants to get a free router says check your wireless devices before you check your router and make sure they can work fine with your router.

The man in me who wants you to be online says keep the G.
    Yeah dude, the more I look at it, the more I see N is horseshit.

4. I've got a wired router hooked into a wireless router configured as an access point, does pretty well! (Slips out of "access point" mode every time the power goes out though, fucks everything up....)

Worked out, did all my port forwarding on the wired (the wireless was retarded about it and refused to do it).
    Last edited by YellerDog; 31 May 2010 at 11:31 PM.

5. stick with G until something that's proven to be better than N comes along, because G has already made a pretty strong foothold

comedy "go 802.11a" option - all the range of .11b, with none of the interference!

6. WRT54G it is. Fuck the knicks.

7. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alg_patrick_ewing.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	55057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05-isiah-thomas.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	55058  
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. I had a wrt54g and it was randomly and constantly disconnecting. Switched to belkin n+ and n mode won't connect iPhones, and n g and b mode causes all kinds of problems, and now, my 54g is working perfectly in the living room
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),