Thread: I Have an Etsy!

1. I Have an Etsy!

So I've taken the gumption to start up an Etsy store (http://herogear.etsy.com), and wanted to spread the good word. Does anyone else use etsy, or online stores in general? What's the best way to promote? What works best for you?

Right now I only have 2 prints up (since etsy charges a per-listing price and I'm too busted to post more tonight), but feel free to check it out, tell your friends, yada yada.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Most etsy shops that I see do well usually have a blog with a lot of followers behind them, which I guess just takes time and interesting products. Some websites specifically browse through etsy in search of something unique to feature, and that definitely helps with popularity. Having a variety of stuff helps too.

Good luck!

3. do you post on any other forums for your art and stuff? i guess just letting people know on whatever sites you frequent is a good way to start. + it'll probably be good if you had some original artwork for sale. people seem to like that stuff on etsy.

4. Pass out bidness cards, hero. People will go, "Hay, i want dat!" and buy stuff from you. Also, yeah, people like paintings and stuff on Etsy.

Hero, i sure do like that Iboohksi print, i tell you what. I will maybe buy it next pay check if it's still there and if you send me a genuine sketch with it
    Donk

5. For you Finch, of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.