Page 14 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

1. ITT:

Brittney is a metaphor for the first episode of this show. Seriously, do Firstblood and Dave have a dependency on me? You guys are aware that there is more to this life than crying over me, right?
    Last edited by Opaque; 02 Nov 2010 at 03:51 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    People complaining about spoilers for this remind me of the ones who did the same thing with the LOTR movies, except that was way more hilarious.
    LOTR was written before any of us were born and had been a hugely famous framework for ridiculous amounts of fantasy stories since, constantly aped, retold, and packaged into a variety of formats including earlier movies. This is a comic from a few years ago that was never a huge thing in the media and has yet to have any effect on the rest of the genre after it was released. I don't really follow how these two things are comparable, just let Razor enjoy his TV show.

3. Cyber bullying! Call the C.O.P.S.

4. I want to inform the unwashed masses in this thread to keep AMC on after every episode of this show from now on to catch the Breaking Bad S3 reruns at 11pm

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    LOTR was written before any of us were born and had been a hugely famous framework for ridiculous amounts of fantasy stories since, constantly aped, retold, and packaged into a variety of formats including earlier movies. This is a comic from a few years ago that was never a huge thing in the media and has yet to have any effect on the rest of the genre after it was released. I don't really follow how these two things are comparable, just let Razor enjoy his TV show.
    This.

There is a significant difference between the time spans regarding these two things. Spoiling a moving the day it comes out, poor form. Talking about it openly decades later, nbd bro.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Seriously, do Firstblood and Dave have a dependency on me? You guys are aware that there is more to this life than crying over me, right?
    IS THAT YOU, SL|P?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    As much everyone keeps saying it must be Jackass and not reading books that makes me feel this way, I have to come to some conclusion about what you guys watch and enjoy that makes you think that someone's terrible acting and pacing is both good and beyond critique.
    Wow. Lack of reading comprehension melds flawlessly with the terrible writing to make art. Now that is a post.

8. If I read these all wrong, and none of these were attacks on my personal taste as refference to why I must have found part of this boring then please, show me how I was supposed to interperate them.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    This was so fucking good. Boring downtime? Get fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    MTV/Halo baby syndrome.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You must hate the shit out of Danny Glover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    You must hate the shit out of books.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    This show is not nearly as good as that show Jackass. I know this because I had 40 people over, and we were switching the channel between the two and Jackass got much better reactions.
    Because from where I'm standing everyone is assuming that I must be basing my feelings on this show on a taste constructed from Halo, MTV, not reading books and thinking good shows must have an endless stream of action. Which is incorrect. In reverse, I played devil advocate and said you guys must enjoy very boring things if you find the boring guy on this show entertaining.

I assume the context of all of this was too much to grasp when you are so busy defending a product you had nothing to do with as if my dislike of a singular aspect of it's production was an attack on your sense of self. no you get fucked

9. You're really good at overreacting to people that think you're wrong about things.

10. I'm the fucking best.