Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thundercats, Hooooooooooooooooooooooo!

1. Thundercats, Hooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Lion-O, Cheetara, Panthro and friends will return in 2011, as Warner Bros. Animation announced today it has begun production on an all-new ThunderCats.

The update of the popular mid-1980s cartoon will air on Cartoon Network alongside such other Warner Bros. series as Batman: The Brave and the Bold and the forthcoming Young Justice and MAD Magazine. The “21st-century reimagining” of ThunderCats is a collaboration with Studio4°C, the Japanese animation house whose credits include Tekkon Kinkreet, The Animatrix, Batman: Gotham Knight and Halo Legends.

“In addition to being Warner Bros. Animation’s first anime series, ThunderCats marks our most ambitious foray yet into fantasy,” WBA’s Sam Register said in a statement. “The realism and dynamic visual style we’ve achieved are sure to thrill viewers, and the cool weapons, vehicles and technology should help the show appeal to a diverse audience.”

According to Warner Bros. Animation, the new incarnation is “a sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious battles with the highest of stakes” that focuses on the story of Prince Lion-O’s ascension to the throne: “As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons of loyalty, honour and mortality in every episode.”
    Anyone not excited about this can eat a bowl of AIDS and razorblades.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thundercats.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	55174  

Furry faggot shit.

3. warner bros. animation

does that mean the new thundercats are going to be some x-treme anime garbage like all the other cartoons these days

edit: IT WILL! I didn't read beyond the first line

pass

4. The old Thundercats opening had a heavy Frazetta influence going on, I'd love to see that carry over to the show as a whole.

5. More like "Thundercats, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!" imo

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Trailer

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    warner bros. animation

does that mean the new thundercats are going to be some x-treme anime garbage like all the other cartoons these days

edit: IT WILL! I didn't read beyond the first line

pass
    Technically, the original was Anime, since a lot of the animators eventually became part of Studio Ghibli.

8. That's stupid. Being farmed out to a Japanese studio = / anime.

9. As was the original Transformers and the newer animated one, and I believe G.I.Joe also, so yeah, sounds pretty okay to me. And have any of you tried watching the old Thundercats, because they have not aged well, I'm looking forward to this.

10. It's been awhile since I've watched them, but I'm sure the intro still holds up and is as awesome as ever. As for the overall plots of each episode - if memory serves - as long as they weren't Snarf-centric or invloved teddy-bear robot Ewoks, then they were decent.

But then again, I also remember pretty much every episode ending like this:

"Oh, Snarf!" <cue laughter, roll credits>