Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

1. I'm using Chrome, but I'm ready to drop it! Clunky.

I've got AVG Antivirus, in the "Tools" section is a task killer. I presume you can go into Google Sky Map's settings and tell it not to boot up on startup; I was getting some BAAAAAD slowdown today, rebooting and using that off the bat seemed to help out.

I can now play Dracula X on my goddamn cell phone. FUTURE!
    Last edited by YellerDog; 27 Feb 2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. The default browser, usually, but I actually kinda like Opera.

Got a Droid X about two weeks ago, flashed it with GummyJAR just because. Runs fast!

3. Tried Opera for a few days... don't care for how it loads images or resizes on a zoom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I've been using Dolphin HD, and I'm liking it. It has nice features like plug-ins, multi-touch, and gestures.

Anyone know of a good voice recorder app that saves files in mp3 format?

5. I just discovered an app called SoftKeys that creates an overlay simulation of the "menu", "home", "back", and "search" buttons on the screen. Some of the higher-end phones nowadays don't have hard buttons for those functions, but for those that do, this is a great way to minimize wear-and-tear (especially the "back" button). And for those who have rooted their Nook Color to be used as an Android tablet, this will allow you to use those functions since the device doesn't have those buttons to begin with.

The app does require that you have your device rooted. It's also a bit unresponsive and a little frustrating to use at first, but playing around with the settings fixes all of that.

There's another app called Button Savior that does the same thing, but I couldn't get it to launch for whatever reason.

6. Here's a picture of what SoftKeys looks like:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpeg 
Views:	365 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	60922  

7. I guess no one here has a Honeycomb tablet, do they? I'm considering grabbing the Asus Transformer that's coming out this week. It looks great, good price. I really like the keyboard dock. I can't help but think it will be better to wait till the Kal El chips are out, and regardless of how cheap this is now it will probably be much less in a few months too. Anand Tech put up a good review.

8. Never heard of it before now.

9. I'll never buy another Asus computer after my netbook. I used the Xoom briefly and my opinion is that the Honeycomb UI is balls, although the device seemed a fair clip faster than my iPad (1).

10. What was wrong with your netbook? I've been looking at the Asus laptops as well and I like them. The main problem they seem to have is crappy screens (but the Transformer has an IPS panel so it doesn't have that problem). I am pretty sure my current Vaio was Asus build and it has been good.