Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

1. Dude takes those Toy Story movies extremely literally.

Optimus doesn't have scary dreams, because he's just a piece of plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I'm due for a renew in July,I think I see a Galaxy 2 S in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Why are you such a bastard?
    Why are you such a bastard?

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post

-----

Anyway, long story short, a phone as a portable computer/communications device is enough. You don't need that laptop bullshit, move past it. I know you think you do, but you don't.
    I plan on putting this thing to work and making it pay for itself. If it is unable to do that, it will get kicked to the curb faster and harder than a DVD case in your apartment. I'm not interested in paying a bunch of money for something to dick off with. I have no trouble doing that already.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 18 May 2011 at 09:19 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I plan on putting this thing to work and making it pay for itself. If it is unable to do that, it will get kicked to the curb faster and harder than a DVD case in your apartment. I'm not interest in paying a bunch of money for something to dick off with. I have no trouble doing that already.
    Follow up: I no longer own any dvds.

Mobile Internet is much more useful than you understand yet! Super handy. GPS is nice as well, having a compass point you directly to where you're headed as you walk there is pretty neat. More of an 'all gadget' than a telephone. As an engineer, this will make you cry. The universe is going to push your kind into app programming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I already have gps.
    I'm already able to make aps.
    I can get a 50 cent compass for my keys

7. The things you will learn, IronPlant. They will blow your mind.

8. I picked up the Samsung Infuse on Sunday. It's my first Android phone, and I'm completely in love with it. The 4.5 inch Super AMOLED+ screen is the most gorgeous display I've ever seen on a portable device. I'm concerned about the lack of an unlimited data plan on AT&T, but other than that I'm thrilled with it. Is there any reason for me to jailbreak it? As far as I understand it already allows for installation of third party apps.

9. Third part apps as in not from the app store? I had to root mine to run a fix because Samsung's Froyo update for my Captivate made it crawl. I think you can get to a "free appz" store without any jailbreaking, if that's your thing.

10. I wouldn't worry about the data limit unless you're a super heavy user. I'm pretty sure I don't even use 1GB of data a month, let alone the 2GB you get with AT&T.

Just FYI, if you look into "jailbreaking" your phone, in Android language it's called "rooting." AT&T just recently made it so all their Android phones can "side load" apps (which means you can load them off an SD card instead of only installing through the Marketplace). I wouldn't bother rooting until you find a specific reason--perhaps an app only works if you've rooted (like screenshots, or tether) or you want to try different Android ROMs.