Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 6373757677787981 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

Thats surprising. I would think you'd unlock the phones true potential.

2. I'm very basic when it comes to phones.
    Talk, text, browse the internet for prices.
    It stems from years of having to have the phone plugged into the wall 24/7 if you wanted to do anymore than that.
    They tell me the battery life has gotten better. But I don't see it.
    Listening to 2 hours of music, shooting off 20 or so text, a few minutes of calls, and maybe 10 minutes of surfing and I need to charge the s4 every night.

yeah, kind of dreading that. I have a turd gophone and I charge it one time every two weeks.

4. Middle Manager of Justice is now out on Android.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Frog or SSJN, does the Galaxy S4 come stock with tethering capability?
    I'm not on stock anymore to double check, but I'm pretty sure it does, and I'm pretty sure if you use the stock tethering ability, your phone company will bill you extra for the privilege.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    yeah, kind of dreading that. I have a turd gophone and I charge it one time every two weeks.
    Yeah, with pretty much any smartphone, you'll have to charge every night. Which isn't a big deal as long as it can comfortably make it all the way until you go to bed.

My last phone (Galaxy S II Skyrocket) was a first-gen LTE phone and therefore got fairly shitty battery life, especially when I was away from WiFi. The S4 gets double what that phone got, and I finish the day with 30 or so percent left with fairly heavy use, so I find the battery life to be excellent, but if you're coming from the dumbphone world where a charge lasts for a week, then you're going to have to adjust.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 15 Aug 2013 at 12:52 PM.

6. Considering a Kindle Fire HD as stop-gap for DW. Is this the right thread to ask for feedback/opinions from those that have one? Plz move if no.

Primary use would be portable document reader/note-taker at board mtgs in lieu of lugging around the ancient laptop. <$200 beats a $500 ipad.

Also, some media consumption in house.

What say TNL?
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

7. A new Nexus 7 will be cheaper than what you mentioned,get android updates fastest, and will play just about any media you throw at it.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

8. Cheapest Nexus 7 on Amazon is $185 (8GB).

Compared to Kindle at $159.

Ah, other places have it at $150.

9. Well shit, I may have spoken too soon. The new nexus 7s are $229. I have an older 16 gig nexus 7 and haven't had a problem with it. I would say the older nexus 7s are good as well, but if you get the kindle HD and root it, you'll likely get the same end experience out of it considering what you are trying to do with it.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

10. Root it?