Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

1. The Evo 4G and the Epic 4G are the ones to get. The Epic has a keyboard and a Super AMOLED screen, better battery life, front-facing second camera, and is probably the one I would choose, but the EVO is an HTC device and thus gets generally better support in terms of software updates/upgrades, so that's worth considering too. Also the Evo has a better camera.

2. So if it has a front-facing camera can I use that to make video calls? And the $10 extra for premium internet will make sprint only $10 cheaper a month compared to Verizon.

3. Yeah, you can do video conferencing with the front camera, though I don't really know about what software does that since it's not something that interests me.

Skype is supposed to have video calling in the Android version at some point, but I don't think it does yet. Maybe someone else can confirm.

4. I may just go back to Verizon and do the Droid thing or just stick with BlackBerries since I get everything on these anyway.

one thing that will make the choice easier: the Epic, if someone calls and I have a picture assigned to the number will it take up the whole screen? I really want that feature even though it's a purely aesthetic choice.
    Last edited by Razor Ramon; 17 Oct 2010 at 11:08 PM.

5. I don't think that really varies from phone to phone within the Android sphere. If there's a way to do it on one (and I'm not sure if there is) you can do it on another one, they're all the same OS. I mean even the UI customizations (btw, Epic wins on that if it matters) don't really matter because you're probably going to end up using LauncherPro anyway. Android is extremely customizable, almost like a computer.

Don't get a Blackberry, Android and iOS are just infinitely far ahead of everything else in the smartphone market right now, and getting anything else is cheating yourself.

6. I'm more concerned about price. It would end up an extra $180~ that's rough to swallow no matter how awesome these phones are.

7. For the service plans, I mean. Each year.

8. You really don't have to have a fancy data plan unless you want to use the mobile hotspot function with your laptop. Wi-Fi data is free, and Wi-Fi is just about everywhere, so you shouldn't need much. I'm on AT&T and I keep the minimum data plan permitted for smartphones and it doesn't bother me a bit.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Skype is supposed to have video calling in the Android version at some point, but I don't think it does yet. Maybe someone else can confirm.
    This is correct. I've heard rumors of video calling in the future, but right now it's just voice and messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. Tango will do video calls over wifi or 3G, and even does it across platforms (Android and iOS).
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"