Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 73838586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

1. An invite?

Edit: Just looked it up, looks great.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 26 Nov 2014 at 02:59 PM.

2. So I finally got a semiofficial Lollipop build on my phone thanks to the S4 Google Play Edition.

It really is a huge upgrade. The new look makes the OS feel much more coherent and cohesive than it has in recent iterations and it's smooth, intuitive and easy to work with. The animations are the best part. Everything has a transition and feels very responsive.

Benchmarks are suggesting about a 10% bump in practical graphics performance too.

If the upgrade (and the new modem I flashed) solve my reception issues I might hold onto my phone for a little longer than I thought.

3. I've been waiting in the Lollipop OTA update for my Nexus 7 since November. Nothing. So odd.

4. The battery life improvements in Lollipop are no joke. I worked a double and talked on the phone for two hours today without touching my charger and still had 50% left at the end of the night. I never had battery life like this with Jelly Bean or Kit Kat. I stopped bringing my charger to work, where I used to have to every day.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 10 Jan 2015 at 11:43 PM.

5. Hay what can I do with a chromecast without digging through this whole thread?

Can it mirror my screen. Would I be able to stream steam through it? Can it be rooted, what benefits would that give? We use SlingPlayer on the WDTV, but if I could stream the SlingPlayer website from my PC to the computer that would be rad too.

Best Buy has it today for $29 + $20 Play Store Credit.

6. At launch Chromecast wasn't really worth a shit for anything but YouTube, they walled out a lot of the real usefulness for the general release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    At launch Chromecast wasn't really worth a shit for anything but YouTube, they walled out a lot of the real usefulness for the general release.
    That's the thing. Nobody is talking about it, or what it can do. Much less at sites I can access while at my desk.

8. You might want to look into a Fire TV Stick instead of the Chromecast. It can run XBMC or Kodi as its called now.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Yeah, my brother got his fire TV(not stick) to run Kodi. I could ask him about that.

Kodi is the jam. Someone should make a thread about it somewhere.