Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 768688899091 LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

1. Mototola has been crushing it the last couple years. I love my Nexus 6, and this more or less looks like a souped up version of that.

All Moto phones run near-stock Android, by the way. Most of their customization is done via a handful of apps, rather than OS changes, and rather than pointless bloat, they're actually useful features.

Damn, make it with a smaller screen and I'm sold.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Damn, make it with a smaller screen and I'm sold.
    They do have a smaller one coming out as well, but the specs are also scaled down (albeit still quite good). It has a Snapdragon 615 Octa-core chip, 2GB RAM.

There's also the new Moto G, which is more mid-range, but seems somehow much more than just the cheap budget phone it's priced at.

I'll look into those, thanks. My current phone is starting to fail, I'll need one sooner than later. I hate the trend of smaller phones being severely gimped compared to the wannabe tablet phones.

I found out yesterday that I have to go to a business trip tomorrow, and my old Galaxy barely works (no wifi, no bluetooth, no GPS) so I ran out and just found a cheap phone that works. Ended up with a Alcatel One Touch Pop for $65, lol. It was a little jarring at first since I normally buy phones that were top of the line but old (and thus cheap) instead of phones that are just cheap. It actually does pretty well, speed is on par with my old S2 when it worked, data actually seems to be faster. Plus, you know, it actually works.

There is something to be said about a cheap phone. I don't really give a damn what happens to it, and if it breaks or something I'll just get another. Unlike getting a $400 phone and being all "my precious..."

*edit* Just ran a Passmark performance test. It scored somewhere between a Galaxy S3 and S4, and more than doubled the performance of my old S2. Maybe this thing isn't as shitty as I thought...
    Last edited by GohanX; 15 Aug 2015 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

6. Got back earlier today with 'my precious' Note 5. Amazing feeling/looking phone. Feels like it's made by a completely different company.

7. I pre-ordered my Moto X Pure Edition yesterday. Pretty psyched!

I finally decided that powerful phone + big screen + expandable memory + stock Android were the things that were most important to me. The lack of swappable battery is a bummer, but I'll live.

8. Looks like a really nice phone, and it being only $399 is awesome. Gotta find the features that matter to you. There was a video by Marques on how no phone is perfect that made me lol.

9. I've got my Moto X Pure, but activating it is turning into a HUGE pain in the ass.

According to Motorola, I have to get a nano-SIM from Sprint. According to Sprint, they don't have nano-SIMs yet. According to this image that's been passed around Reddit and a few other places, there's a process for this and everybody should know about it by now:

The dude at my local corporate Sprint Store was all about seeing this through to the end and has been emailing with their tech people. Lord only knows how long it'll take, but I'm glad this store is run by better people than the fucking Sprint corporate office is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CgR3XEf.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	310.3 KB 
ID:	77549  

10. you can't just get creative with a scalpel and scissors like making a regular sim into a micro sim?