Page 9 of 91 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

1. Spaghetti Marshmallows is so much fun! Lite version is free

edit - I just finished the demo. Loved it. The last level is intense. It took me 4 or 5 tries.
    Last edited by stormy; 05 Dec 2010 at 05:44 PM.

2. This looks fucking great. Pending hardware, I'd buy the shit out of something running this.

ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

3. That looks really good. I'll be curious to see how they implement those features into Android for a phone as that video said it was optimized for a tablet. Still, looks really promising.

4. The 3D elements are nice, and should translate to the phone. I have no interest in a tablet, but this looks like the right move to compete with iPad.

I heard how they're balancing the phone and tablet thing is that they're introducing a concept of panes, like the old frames thing in a browser sort of, and the programmer can specify which panes will be shown or not shown or how they're be arranged (say' having them as two switchable screens on a phone and one on a tablet) on devices of different sizes.

5. I'm bummed I didnt get to make it to CES this year, damnit.

Picked up some Archos 70 Tablets to sell at the stores...Pretty neat device, somewhat buggy, but at the price point I could put up with it.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

6. So it looks like I'll be upgrading to an Android phone sometime very soon. As far as I can tell, on verizon, the Incredible seems like the best choice. Anyone have any thoughts on verizon's lineup?

7. That is a great question. The Incredible is a very nice phone but there has been some other great choices made available since its debut. I don't think you would be making a bad choice with the Incredible, it still ranks as one of (if not the) best smart phone on Verizon and HTC's Sense UI is very nice. Just make sure you go and see the Samsung Fascinate's screen with your own eyes before you make a choice, it really is stellar. TouchWiz gets a lot of slack and I'm not sure why. It's the nicest UI I've used other than Sense UI.

The ONLY down side I can find with the Fascinate is that they locked the search button to Bing. Not a huge deal breaker since you can find most of what you want easily using Bing, not to mention you can still use Google search on the phone's browser. It's just really a WTF moment. A Google OS that doesn't use Google as the default search.

8. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    So it looks like I'll be upgrading to an Android phone sometime very soon. As far as I can tell, on verizon, the Incredible seems like the best choice. Anyone have any thoughts on verizon's lineup?
    I'd wait a month or two for the 4G phones, and not just because of the 4G support. Droid Bionic is coming, and with it a whole new gen of more powerful phones, including the HTC Thunderbolt, LG Revolution, that new Samsung thing... Though the Bionic seems to be well in front as far as Verizon goes.

Really, just not a good time to buy a phone, the new shit's coming in like March and will blow the Incredible (which is like over a year old now) away.

I want the new Motorola Atrix thing something fierce (AT&T). Shit is unbefuckingleivable. I guess AT&T is feeling the heat of Verizon getting the iPhone and stepping up their Android game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    The ONLY down side I can find with the Fascinate is that they locked the search button to Bing. Not a huge deal breaker since you can find most of what you want easily using Bing, not to mention you can still use Google search on the phone's browser. It's just really a WTF moment. A Google OS that doesn't use Google as the default search.
    Some of AT&Ts Androids came with Yahoo. Mine did, but I've since rooted and loaded all kinds of mods to fix all the shit that was wrong with it (it didn't even have multitouch with the stock firmware).
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 07 Jan 2011 at 03:20 PM.

9. What Frog said. A bunch of new Android phones for Verizon showed up at CES but none of them were given prices or dates yet. The Droid Bionic is probably going to be first with the HTC Thunderbolt following right after.

10. Verizon is also holding an unveiling at NYC on Tuesday.
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/07/v...-but-for-what/
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.