Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7787899091

Thread: Android Thread

1. The nano-SIM's readable surface area is actually a different size than the micro.

Also, I just don't have one. Sprint didn't require SIMs until recently and I've been using my Note 2 for 2.5 years.

2. I'm thinking of picking up a cheap Android tablet to use as an alarm clock. After searching everywhere for a decent alarm clock with daily alarms and custom alarm sounds, I've come to the conclusion that such a thing sadly doesn't exist.

My requirements are pretty simple. I don't intend to use it for anything else other than maybe streaming internet radio and the occasional low-res photo. It will almost never leave my bedside, so battery life is moot. I just need something that won't lock up and fail to do its job, so stability and reliability are really my main concerns, but I also don't want to spend a lot on something that would be overkill.
    Those $50 amazon tablets seem like they'd be adequate, but they aren't available in Canada.
    I don't trust the off-brand stuff, so I'm looking at the low end Samsung tablets.

If anybody here has experience or advice to share concerning low-end android devices, it would be much appreciated.

3. Buy an old, late model Nexus 7. Screen color is kinda shitty, but it still works! And, dammit, that's all that matters for me.

My iPad Air 2 is where all the pretty shit can go.

4. Kedawa, I have some old Droid phones lying around: a (cracked) Galaxy S3 and an HTC something in good shape. Both will alarm clock, either is yours if you want.

5. I don't think it would be worth shipping because Canada, but thanks just the same. I should actually ask our IT guy at work. He's always cycling through company phones, so I might be able to score something just functional enough for my needs.