Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7181838485868789 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Mine just came in the mail. It totally works.

2. That's good to hear. This thing looks really sharp. I'm going to have to order one.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    Looks good. I wonder what it'll look like once Samsung is done smearing feces all over it.
    Just got rid of my Galaxy and picked up a Nexus 5. World of a difference. I can't believe Samsung is the major player in the Android market. Their phones are horrible.

4. I actually like the build of Samsung phones, just don't care for Touchwiz. Thankfully most of it is gone by using the Google keyboard, apps, and Now launcher.

5. I've had an S3 and now an S5 and I've liked the build quality and the features of both phones. I've played around with my friends Nexus' (Nexi?) and I will give you default android is a bit nicer, but I don't hate touchwiz.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    Just got rid of my Galaxy and picked up a Nexus 5. World of a difference. I can't believe Samsung is the major player in the Android market. Their phones are horrible.
    I went from the original Droid, to the Galaxy Nexus, and just recently to the Nexus 5. I fucking love it. Vanilla Android or GTFO.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I've had an S3 and now an S5 and I've liked the build quality and the features of both phones. I've played around with my friends Nexus' (Nexi?) and I will give you default android is a bit nicer, but I don't hate touchwiz.
    I dunno, man. They just feel very cheap to me. I despise the features. TouchWiz, design and UI-wise, seems like it was put together by someone who'd only seen pictures of iOS, and had to guess how it functioned.

I switched to Nova Launcher very soon after buying my S4, but that made things only slightly better.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 01 Oct 2014 at 12:17 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    I dunno, man. They just feel very cheap to me. I despise the features. TouchWiz, design and UI-wise, seems like it was put together by someone who'd only seen pictures of iOS, and had to guess how it functioned.

I switched to Nova Launcher very soon after buying my S4, but that made things only slightly better.
    I'm inclined to agree. I had an S2 and I have and S4 and I think I'm done with Samsung. I run Google Edition firmware, so that solves that problem, but it's still a flimsy, plasticky phone. Dogshit reception compared to other phones too. Like maybe every fourth call is crackly and I have to hang up and redial, and I get dropped calls all the time.

No more. I like where Moto has been going lately, so they'll provably get my next purchase. Waiting to see the Moto Nexus first.

9. No love for HTC's new interface on the One?
    http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one-m8/

I've got a few VERY picky friends that hate these manufacturer overlays using these phones. They love it. The interface seems halfway between Android and Metro.

10. just a shame about the rampant mic problems in those phones