Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat

1. Killer Instinct was one of the shittiest fighter series ever (ok, the first one was decent, but KI gold was absolutely awful)

2. What ever happened to MK Armageddon being the last game in the series?

3. It was supposed to be the last "old-school" MK game. The next one was supposed to have an all-new storyline and characters (and perhaps play style?).

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. I'm getting pretty sick of series (video games, movies, whatever) starting over from scratch, doing a complete revamp of the storyline, and the new version just sucking in an all new way. I guess it's cool that the trend always tends to be toward making the series more "realistic," but no one ever seems to get it right still.

There's really nothing you can do to MK to make it fresh so long as you still have characters like Reptile and Baraka... Manipulating it to make it fit in with the real world is contrived and stupid. Oh, they're serial killers now instead of freaks from another dimension? Okay, I'll buy that. Not.

Lets make more threads about it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Is that the dude that played Spawn?
    *ahem* dont you mean the guy who played:

DYNOMITE! DYNOMITE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackdynamite1.jpg 
Views:	1821 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	55199  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

7. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waynes-world_l.jpg 
Views:	1786 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	55201  

9. They haven't made a good Mortal Kombat game in over a decade. I see no reason to bother speculating over what this one will be like, because chances are very high that it'll be shit.

10. I absolutely could not care less about Mortal Kombat, but I found myself kind of digging the "Batman Begins" treatment they did to the mythos in this video. I would actually see an MK movie if it were done in this style.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.