Page 1 of 126 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat

Arcade Mortal Kombat

Something interesting just appeared on the Internet, conveniently a week before E3...

2. "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

The timing seems odd if it's just for a movie, though. E3 is just around the corner and we know that Ed Boon and crew have been working on a new game for a while.

4. Is that the dude that played Spawn?

5. They need to make a game that plays like MKII, UMK, and MKT. All the "3D" bullshit is terrible. Looks like they are completely scrapping outworld.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    They need to make a game that plays like MKII, UMK, and MKT. All the "3D" bullshit is terrible. Looks like they are completely scrapping outworld.
    Ditch the sidestepping. I don't think it really added anything to MK. The gameplay should take the SFIV approach to an MK sequel (2D play with 3D graphics). Some fatalities need tweaked - especially ones that end up with excessive bones flying everywhere (Kabal, Mileena).

7. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    The gameplay should take the SFIV approach to an MK sequel (2D play with 3D graphics).
    Better yet, make it just like the old ones, with digitized photos of live actors, but in HD!

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. Boon should get a clue and hire people who understand fighting game mechanics. MK has always been plagued with dev staff who don't know what makes a tournament fighter great.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

9. I'd really like to see a Mortal Kombat that's far less Big Trouble In Little China, and far more Bloodsport. Just once, just to see what that would be like.

I know I'm in the sole minority here...

10. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    The gameplay should take the SFIV approach to a Killer Instinct sequel (2D play with 3D graphics). Some ultras need tweaked - especially ones that end up with repetetive moves for 13 hits (Thunder, whoever).
    I heartily agree!