Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zelda II FPS

I liked Zelda 2 plenty when I was a kid. I think I played it more than the original LOZ.

I can only imagine the kind of uproar that would have happened over Zelda 2 if the Internet was as prevalent in 1988 as it is now.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    You can easily make Zelda 2 worse since it is the best Zelda ever. Witness Windwaker, etc.
    What is this opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by dog$
    I can only imagine the kind of uproar that would have happened over Zelda 2 if the Internet was as prevalent in 1988 as it is now.
    I think it was more expected and accepted for sequels to be different back then although I suppose Zelda II still managed to get enough criticism/lower sales for them to not try it again. I loved the game back in the day. The levelling aspect has made it age more than the other games, though.

And this FPS version does not appeal. The concept's okay but it's too amateur-ish.

4. I've never seen this kind of thing done before, so I think it looks pretty cool, but only as a novelty game. Probably wouldn't ever actually play it.

5. This is some sub-Doom .wad bullshit, really.

6. Yeah, Zelda 2 is my favorite also. First time I ever had a Resident Evil-style "jump-scare" is in the final castle when that GIANT slime pops out of the ceiling at you.