Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL 4.1 To-Do List

1. ok I think I solved the riddle of both rss not working AND the xbox live leaderboard being screwy

2. Razor: yes.

cka: Yes!

3. next time you upload files, make sure they don't overwrite pre-existing ones

especially ones named cron.php (aka crontab, aka scheduled task manager)

4. I never even looked at a cron job since the old board.

Hooray. Now fix the img tag problem.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The barebones mobile skin is called "Handheld" and should now be selectable. For most phones, I would recommend just surfing with one of the other skins, maybe with images turned off (in your General Settings on TNL), unless you have a choker or are on a strict data plan. As mentioned numerous times in this thread, Tapatalk is also an option. Just search for "The Next Level" on there.
    Just a warning: when I tried it, I couldn't find any way in this mobile skin to switch back to a different skin.

Also - and I don't mean to have this in any way be directed at poor Nick, who is taking a lot of crap here - whoever designed that mobile skin needs to be punched in the nose. I can't begin to fathom how that skin is supposed to be usable.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. If only mobile skins grew on trees. Honestly, I didn't install that one on the old forum since it was so bleh. But people be's screaming for mobile skins and I have neither the time nor the skills to make a good one at this point.

As for the link to switch skins: it's there sometimes, but glitched, I guess. I will sweep through this thread, probably in the morning and add/address some more to-dos.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    ok I think I solved the riddle of both rss not working AND the xbox live leaderboard being screwy
    ironically these are related, for some reason that shitty xbox leaderboard add-in disables the rss2 syndication in external.php

9. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Also - and I don't mean to have this in any way be directed at poor Nick, who is taking a lot of crap here - whoever designed that mobile skin needs to be punched in the nose. I can't begin to fathom how that skin is supposed to be usable.
    This is exactly how I feel about it. I don't want to give anyone a hard time about anything because I'm sure all involved are working hard to make things right. I'm assuming there is no easy way to use the skin Shidoshi made for the last version of TNL? With a few additions to his old skin it would have been perfect. Again, I'm not complaining, I'm just asking.

10. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    making the main link for every thread go to the newest unread post instead of just the first page. Kind of like how I did it for the mobile skin, basically. If people wanted to go to the first post, they could just use the page navigation in the thread, and I'd assume most of the time when people are visiting a thread they most want to see the new posts, not the entire thing from the start.

this this this this this